Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load/energy data

Hi Spud,

I noticed in your release notes that the load controller is now supported. With the eventual changes to the electrical rates in our province, I'm thinking of getting prepared by adding one to the hot water tank. Just wondering what data point the plug-in is exposing for the load controller (RM3250RF).

Also, in general, including the thermostats, is the API giving you access to the load/energy data as the one showing in Neviweb?

Thanks

For dimmers, switches and load controllers the plugin create only one "Output Intensity" device with On/Off controls (and Last Level and Dim% for dimmers)

For load controllers there is another data point available in the API specs which is "Actual Power" in Watts, so I could add that.
    For thermostats there is only a "Connected load" data point.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      For load controllers there is another data point available in the API specs which is "Actual Power" in Watts, so I could add that.
      So yesterday I was one of the lucky 1,800 customers invited by our utility to the initial deployment phase of the winter split rates. I'm going all in with the more aggressive option. So I will order a load controller for the hot water tank. Having the Watts would really be a nice information to have. Thanks.

Interesting. Before going with a suggestion let's check something. On a floor unit or a 24VAC unit, are you seeing only one "Connected load" or two? These units works with (2) stages, While the T-stat (floor) can measure the 1st stage load connected to it, it needs user input in the apps config as the 2nd stage is called thru a relay (or even 1st stage for the 24VDC one). I'm also wondering if the API exposes the Heat level specific to the 2nd stage?

Provided that all that is available, my suggestion would be to add 1 or 2 energy devices i.e "Connected load" x "Heat level" = XXX Watts in use

Comment

Hi Spud,

I suppose you are head over heal with HS4.

I received and installed my Load Controller and now that I see for real how it works, I was wondering if it would be too much trouble adding shortly that 3rd Device representing the "Actual power" as it is really showing the Watts in use thus the only way of confirming if power is being used or not.

On the same token I would suggest that you only label the current On-Off device "Output" rather then "Output Intensity". Is is only reflecting if the contactor is On or Off and nothing to do with the Intensity going thru.

Many thanks for your help.Click image for larger version

Name:	Load Controller.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1339588

Comment

Hi Spud,

Based on my observations there should also be a Mode status available. Similar to the "Setpoint mode" for thermostat. Of course the device label would rather be something like "Controller mode"

So let's recap the device list:
          • Load controller Root
          • Output status (On/Off)
          • Output load (Watts)
          • Controller mode (Auto, Manual, Bypass auto etc...)
          Output load : This one will be helpful for energy usage but I'll also use it to trigger an alert if the actual load is greater then 0W and less then the connected load (+/- margin). This will tell me that one of the elements has died. On my last tank it is only when the second element died that we found out that with no element... water can be fairly cold in the shower

Looking forward reading you.

Comment

I have posted version 3.0.0.12 in the beta section of the updater.
            This version add "Actual Power" and "Mode" devices for load controllers

Comment

Spud you're the best. Seems to work perfectly.

You may want to correct a small typo in your deployement package. For the "Mode" device, on the "Status Graphics tab", your last graphic is tied to a 131 value while the correct value is 130. Easily corrected on my end.

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I also have it working perfectly with version 0.13.

It would be great if not too much work of giving the option to log the Watts value to the Homeseer Energy API (Database). So we can then do reports on all the device consumption including these ones.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X