Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line voltage thermostat

Hello,

I am in the process of finishing my basement project, had it going a couple years ago but had to press pause on the project. So since it's been a couple years, I wanted to see if this plugin would solve what i need or if there is another option.

I will be installing in wall and toe kick cadet electric 220v heaters, with fan. They have line voltage 220v thermostat connection for control. I have looked at Sinope and Stelpro Ki electric thermostats. I see the Sinope plugin, but it sounds like it may not work with the thermostat that would work with my heaters. I don't see any RF thermostats on the Sinope page. I see wifi, zigbee and control 4 type thermostats. It also looks like the Stelpro Ki can't handle heaters with fans in them.

Has the Sinope plugin made any changes allowing me to use the zigbee or wifi versions? Or is there a way to use the Stelpro Ki? Or any other options?

Thanks for the help!

+1 . Any news ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
      +1 . Any news ? Thanks
      I haven't heard anything. I am still holding off purchasing until I find a viable thermostat that will integrate into HS.

Comment

Thanks. At least, we’ll have the summer to decide , in the worst scenario.

Comment

I have quite a few Stelpro Ki STZB402+ Zigbee working through the zigbee2mqtt interface. It seems that the zigbee does support fan, I can't confirm as my fan heaters have the stelpro zigbee integrated thermostat wich also work with zigbee2mqtt.
          https://www.stelpro.com/en/products/...igbee-stzb402/

Comment

I am also checking theses with deconz support.
            Same for the stelpro ki

Comment

I got an answer from Sinope:
              They don't have an API for their GT130 Zigbee gateway. They have a cloud API but it is reserved to professionals and it has monthly fees.
              They said their Zigbee thermostats implement standard Zigbee clusters for all their main functionalities, so I think the best way to integrate them in HS4 is to try one of the plugin that allow you to integrate Zigbee devices: MQTT plugin + zigbee2mqtt, JowieHue plugin + deconz, Hubitat plugin, HomeSeer Zigbee plugin.
              The Homeseer Zigbee plugin will not work for now because it doesn't support the Zigbee thermostat cluster yet but it is on the TODO list. I don't know for sure for the other plugins

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                I got an answer from Sinope:
                They don't have an API for their GT130 Zigbee gateway. They have a cloud API but it is reserved to professionals and it has monthly fees.
                They said their Zigbee thermostats implement standard Zigbee clusters for all their main functionalities, so I think the best way to integrate them in HS4 is to try one of the plugin that allow you to integrate Zigbee devices: MQTT plugin + zigbee2mqtt, JowieHue plugin + deconz, Hubitat plugin, HomeSeer Zigbee plugin.
                The Homeseer Zigbee plugin will not work for now because it doesn't support the Zigbee thermostat cluster yet but it is on the TODO list. I don't know for sure for the other plugins
                Thank you for the update! This gives us something to consider.

Comment

For sinope wifi, I guess this is not an Sinope official way to interact with neviweb?
                  need to read more.

https://github.com/claudegel/sinope-130

Comment

Working...
                  X