Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create a .zip file

Hi,

I love the plugin it's really easy and very quick, but I cannot see how I create a .zip compressed file backup, I can do a normal backup copying from one location to another?

Also what is the check changes button for when creating the backup event?
    Lance

I had the same question, I don't really see it as a truly useful product if it doesn't have the ability to compress the backup.

Comment

Compression option is in the version 2.0.0.3.
      This version will be inserted in the updater in few hours!

Comment

Personally, I think it is a great plugin. One thing I'd love to see is some way of having the program name the directory the archive is going to be in changed dynamically, ie the date, or time.

Thanks.
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens
          Personally, I think it is a great plugin. One thing I'd love to see is some way of having the program name the directory the archive is going to be in changed dynamically, ie the date, or time.

Thanks.
          By checking the "COMPRESS" option box, a ZIP named with Year-month-day-hour-minutes will be created.

Comment

Thanks for that, but what is the 'check changes' button for when creating a backup set?
            Lance

Comment

Can the plug-in backup to a mapped network drive? The reason I ask is the first backup I ran was to a mapped network drive (z. On the events tab in the actions column the source drive path appears in green font but the destination path which I have set as z: shows in red. I thought the red may have been an indicator of an incorrect path for destination.

The backup seemed to run but then HS usage spiked to 100% and wouldn't go down until restarted. It appeared the files were in the location I specified but the cpu spike made me go Hummmm!

More time to investigate this weekend.

Later, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by lancenorton
                Thanks for that, but what is the 'check changes' button for when creating a backup set?
                i'ts a part of HS interface and not of plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by tman1
                  Can the plug-in backup to a mapped network drive? The reason I ask is the first backup I ran was to a mapped network drive (z. On the events tab in the actions column the source drive path appears in green font but the destination path which I have set as z: shows in red. I thought the red may have been an indicator of an incorrect path for destination.

The backup seemed to run but then HS usage spiked to 100% and wouldn't go down until restarted. It appeared the files were in the location I specified but the cpu spike made me go Hummmm!

More time to investigate this weekend.

Later, Terry
                  I'ts normal.
                  Sorry for the color, it's just for specify that GREEN=source and RED=destination.

100% of CPU usage for the thread it's normal.

No problem for mapped drive!!

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Later, Terry

Comment

Thank's to you!

I suggest to try also Killprocess and CryptNotes.
                      And if you have a GSM modem, SMS too!!

:-)

Comment

I don't see anywhere to check the compress option. I have looked in the interfaces taba as well as in the actions area.

Comment

I just found the sticky with the DL

Comment

I tried to do a small backup from a thumbdrive to the local machine without using any compression and it failed on me everytime. If I left the compress option checked it would work. Any ideas?

Thanks for a great plugin. Very handy.

Later, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by tman1
                              I tried to do a small backup from a thumbdrive to the local machine without using any compression and it failed on me everytime. If I left the compress option checked it would work. Any ideas?

Thanks for a great plugin. Very handy.

Later, Terry
                              Can you, please, give me your souce and destination path, so i can try it?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X