Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentation

I installed this plugin back in January and it seemed to work. Lately, I not so sure since their are no results shown. I was wanting to go back to documentation to look up how to uninstall/reinstall or refresh my understanding of how it works. Can't seem to locate documents. When I go to the ActiveBackup Plug-in Config screen, I notice icon placeholders for ON-LINE HELP (which is a dead link) and Click HERE to donate ... (which is live link that I used to make donation. Could you point me to the online help and/or any thread with documentation so that I can recheck my installation and/or just uninstall and reinstall in case I messed something up withour realizing it. Thanks.

The original author of this plugin "left the building" and didn't leave the documentation. So I wouldn't recommend anyone donating to the original link.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
      I installed this plugin back in January and it seemed to work. Lately, I not so sure since their are no results shown. I was wanting to go back to documentation to look up how to uninstall/reinstall or refresh my understanding of how it works. Can't seem to locate documents. When I go to the ActiveBackup Plug-in Config screen, I notice icon placeholders for ON-LINE HELP (which is a dead link) and Click HERE to donate ... (which is live link that I used to make donation. Could you point me to the online help and/or any thread with documentation so that I can recheck my installation and/or just uninstall and reinstall in case I messed something up withour realizing it. Thanks.
      There is not much to configure. Have you checked in settings to be sure it is still enabled? What does you event look like?

Comment

Thanks for the pointer. Turns out I had somehow deleted the event that triggered the backup. Once I restored that and setup the from and to destinations, all seemed to work fine.

I'm curious as to what most people use this to backup. I'm planning on using it to backup my entire Homeseer 2 directory, but I guess one could use it to backup any directory on the Homeseer 2 Computer?

Also, I did send small contribution via the web in the Help. Received a thank you note so .....

Comment

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
          Thanks for the pointer. Turns out I had somehow deleted the event that triggered the backup. Once I restored that and setup the from and to destinations, all seemed to work fine.

I'm curious as to what most people use this to backup. I'm planning on using it to backup my entire Homeseer 2 directory, but I guess one could use it to backup any directory on the Homeseer 2 Computer?

Also, I did send small contribution via the web in the Help. Received a thank you note so .....
          From what I can tell it will backup the folder you define and any subfolders (although I think you can put a file in a folder that you do not want backed up). I am just backing up my HS folder and all sub folders.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X