Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backup Main Lobby server running on same machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup Main Lobby server running on same machine?

I am able to easily create a backup of a local ML Server 3 install however the log shows some MDB files are open and cannot be backed-up. Has anyone gracefully stopped ML3 prior to the backup, then started soon there after? I have seen the option in Active Backup to kill, then restart a process, however ML runs "interactively" (not as a service) so I do not think this would be possible? In other words, if ActiveBackup kills this interactive process, how would it be able to restart it in that same interactive session. I would think this isnt possible.

Can someone confirm? Thoughts? Other ideas?

bmacias,
    From MLServer3 release notes:

1/5/2008 - Version 3.0.416
    1) Fixes an issue with a blank line being added in macro editor when you clicked on the last macro in the list.
    2) Adds Edit icon to macro editor toolbar.
    3) Adds new MLServer command MLBackup. When this command is executed a MLWorker process is spawned that will backup the current state of the MLServer registry, all the database files in the MLServer folder, all the ini files in the MLServer folder and all the database files in the data folder. All of these files are zipped into one file and placed in the backups folder. The naming convention of the backup file is http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com-m...y_hh-mm-ss.zip. This command is also available via the Tools / Server Backup menu option.

Comment

This is perfect. Thank you !

Comment

Working...
      X