Restoring....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring....?

After 2 years of pretty bullet-proof operation my HSPRO box (basically a solid state PC running HS) had an OS corruption.

I have reinstalled the as-release Operating System and out of the box HS.

the good news: I have daily backups using activebackup going back a month. the less good news: I do not know how one ought best to restore from the backup! is it just an XCOPY? or is there something cleverer?

my backup is as i recall (it's2 years since i set it up....) of the hs directory and all subdirectories.

simon

Recently Z-Seer 1.11 trashed my system (went back to 1.6) and I had to restore a backup. After re-installing Z-Seer 1.6 in hopes the registry would be identical to the registry when the backup was done, I merely deleted the HS directory and then un-zipped the entire backup file set to the HomeSeer directory. The first time I ran HS I got a short pop-up window saying it was 'installing', but then everything came up running. For some reason the startup.txt script file wasn't intact, but everything else was fine.

You might open a help ticket with HST to get their advice.

By the way, the ActiveBackup plug-in is no longer supported althought it seems to work with HS 2.3.0.0. I moved to BLBackup and have had excellent results.

Comment

Working...
    X