This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Just give the beta version in the edit screen, upload the beta using the correct form field on the form and click "Save and release Beta".
    I submitted Beta 1.0.0.2, but it didn't show in updater (yet?)

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
      Just guessing. I haven't tried your plugin yet, but I've been down the road with my plugins and the nuances between Windows and Linux. Next up you will encounter the Mono problems
      I tested on Raspbian Stretch, no issues. But I do have RaspberryIO remote plugin there, so my Mono is the latest.

And HS support also test both Windows and Linux versions before they approve.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        I tested on Raspbian Stretch, no issues. But I do have RaspberryIO remote plugin there, so my Mono is the latest.

Oh now you're funny....

Comment

I submitted Beta 1.0.0.2, but it didn't show in updater (yet?)
          did you fill out these fields and not the normal ones?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-20_21-05-04.png
Views:	248
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1286754

Comment

I have never heard of HS actually testing them. Not saying they don't, but I've never heard of them doing it.

I "think" the approval process is so they can change pricing if need be and stuff like that.

Comment

did you fill out these fields and not the normal ones?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	238
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1286759

Comment

I have never heard of HS actually testing them. Not saying they don't, but I've never heard of them doing it.

I "think" the approval process is so they can change pricing if need be and stuff like that.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	242
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1286761

Comment

But Tyler actually admitted there was a problem first time. But it's hard to tell. I'm setting up Linux VM to test "First Time" installation.

Comment

I updated line endings in INSTALLER.TXT, submitted new installer to updater.
                    As it's unpredictable how long it will take HS to update the file - here's the link to the installer, and attached updater_override.txt
                    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak57ZQxlTL9PhvYh89H0zIo3ngMwsQ

Note: if you don't know how to manually install update:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/an...dater-override

same

alexbk66 I can test multiple version for you ( this time), before your submit to the updater if you want
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Install/Update of package AK Smart Device failed.
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Error Installation of package AK Smart Device failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Error Unable to open install.txt file for update \HomeSeer\Updates3\AK Smart Device1.0.0.1
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Installing package AK Smart Device
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Using local file: AKSmartDevice_1_0_0_1.zip
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Downloading update: AK Smart Device
                    Feb-20 21:17:57 Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

But Tyler actually admitted there was a problem first time. But it's hard to tell. I'm setting up Linux VM to test "First Time" installation.
                      Tyler (if available) tests most of the first time plugin submissions. He's quick on responses too which is nice.

However I know they do not test every release nor every permutation of the plugin on Windows/Linux hence 90% of the problems I face with plugins when new users try to run them on a stock Zee or SEL platform with OLD Mono releases.

Also note HST do not re-test plugins on HS3 updates. So you will have to be the one testing your plugin on new HS3 releases.

Comment

done a manual* Install. running version 1 now

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                          done a Install. running version 1 now
                          alexbk66 watch out for this guy he's trouble he's good at helping to debug stuff!

Comment

haha,

ok I see nice potential use for occupancy device here.

didn't modify my occupancy device yet. Having the right to set different state in the condition of the group is really nice !

this scenario works like if I had two events ( or a **or if**) with two differents triggers value and two diff conditions value
                            Attached Files

Comment

I believe that the problem with your installer is that you've named 'install.txt' as INSTALL.TXT. Linux is case sensitive so that's not gonna fly.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                                haha,

ok I see nice potential use for occupancy device here.

didn't modify my occupancy device yet. Having the right to set different state in the condition of the group is really nice !

this scenario works like if I had two events ( or a **or if**) with two differents triggers value and two diff conditions value

One thing i noticed in this scenario. If the target device is already on, and the condition are honored more than one time, your plugin will send a control command to the device ( even if the target device already had the target value) . With events, it is easy to impose conditions to filter firing action of events... but In this scenario I don't know. I can't select the target device in the group. Event if I could , I would had to add a couple of states to filter all the the possible states).

So, is it possible to impose a condition '' fire only when the target device doesn't have the targeted value''?

edit : last thing ( see picture). The plugin seems to have a high cpu time number. From experience, z wave plugin is the worse, and this plugin has the double the amount.

if theses things could be corrected. It would really be appreciated thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X