This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I have a question, when the zone is active and the light in your example turns on there a delay that starts, so what happens when the the zone is re triggered by the motion sensors does the counter get reset and starts all over again?
    It should, but need to verify. If it doesn't - needs fix.

Comment

I'm a bit confused here, which device determines the length of time for the lights to go off?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fig5 - Copy.PNG Views:	0 Size:	221.2 KB ID:	1354148
        Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        I'm a bit confused here, which device determines the length of time for the lights to go off?
        The device itself has "Count Down" timer - on Timer Config tab (if I get your question correctly).

And if any trigger (Triggers tab) happens during countdown - the timer resets.

Comment

I guess I’m missing something. I’m playing with the plugin but can’t seem to be able to get to device’s already in HS4. Do you have to create all devices or can you use your existing devices? If so how?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
            I guess I’m missing something. I’m playing with the plugin but can’t seem to be able to get to device’s already in HS4. Do you have to create all devices or can you use your existing devices? If so how?
            I haven't tried it with HS4 yet. HS3 plugins are supposed to work with HS4.

I will test and port later when I have time.
            Last edited by jseer; March 3, 2020, 10:53 AM. Reason: no need to tag HS Admins

Comment

Just let me know and I'll test it for you. Seems to be a good tool.

Comment

Just let me know and I'll test it for you. Seems to be a good tool.
                Thank you. I'm still trying to finish the latest HS3 version of the plugin before starting HS4 port. It's a big task

Comment

Hi Alex,

I wonder, will your PI be able track mouvement ? ie. left to right mouvement or the other way?

My case would be to have two ''sensors'', one at each side of a door entrance ( 1 motion + 1 door sensor / two motions sensors/ one motion or door with somobody entering a code on the zwave lock / etc etc) . So a vitual device would indicate : no motion, motion from left to right, motion from right to left

It would be a lot simpler with a plugin. doing this with event is a pain.. .From logic ( never done it yet) with the event engine, i think it would involve timers and counters and a lot a events .

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    Hi Alex,

I wonder, will your PI be able track mouvement ? ie. left to right mouvement or the other way?

My case would be to have two ''sensors'', one at each side of a door entrance ( 1 motion + 1 door sensor / two motions sensors/ one motion or door with somobody entering a code on the zwave lock / etc etc) . So a vitual device would indicate : no motion, motion from left to right, motion from right to left

It would be a lot simpler with a plugin. doing this with event is a pain.. .From logic ( never done it yet) with the event engine, i think it would involve timers and counters and a lot a events .
                    Hi Matt,
                    May be it's already possible with my plugin, just not straight forward. I need to think...
                    I have a lot of ideas for the plugin.
                    But because of HS4 port everything else will come later. You know...

[EDIT] Probably Feature Requests is better place for these questions

Comment

Totally understand for hs4 . Will repost in time . Anyways as a user I also wait before creating new complex automation

Comment

Totally understand for hs4 . Will repost in time . Anyways as a user I also wait before creating new complex automation
                        I'm sitting in front of my laptop now , annoying my wife

Comment

Alex did you quit development here or is it still active?

Comment

Hi Bigstevep ,

My guess is that this plugin with will be converted , but it will surely be the last one of the 12-13 plugins Alex have to convert. With the new ui, etc, and being somewhat in ''competition'' with node-red, I think this plugin will be the more complex one to convert to hs4. Could be wrong , just a guess lol.

Comment

Hi BigstevepMy guess is that this plugin with will be converted , but it will surely be the last one of the 12-13 plugins Alex have to convert. With the new ui, etc, and being somewhat in ''competition'' with node-red, I think this plugin will be the more complex one to convert to hs4. Could be wrong , just a guess lol.
                              Alex did you quit development here or is it still active?
                              Yeah Matt, you got it right, except it's it's not gonna be "last" - it's gonna be next. I ported 7 already, hope to finish porting AKHeatmiserNeo today, then I will do AKSmartDevice, but it's gonna be a lot of work - exactly as Matt said - because the config UI is the core of the plugin

That's the reason why I haven't done it yet - I practice on my simpler plugins first (in UI sense) and create a library which I use in all my plugins.

Comment

Thanks for the update Alex. It looks like a great plugin so can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X