This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logman View Post
    the plugin took ownership of a virtual device that had not been associated to your plugin by me. The "My Devices" under the plugin config tab does not show any devices associated with the plugin
    Attached is an app which will remove the SmartDevice plugin interface from the devices. Unzip the files in a folder and run, first time it shows the list of your devices with the interface. Second time you run it - just to verify - the interface should be removed.

Attached Files

Comment

If a device is "interfaced" with the plugin, JSON API calls to the device no longer work, whether the plugin is enabled or not
      Can you please give me some example how to test it, so I can debug the problem. Again, should be really a separate thread....

Comment

The device is effectively orphaned unless I can figure out how to force release the AK interface
        If the device doesn't have any timer/trigger/linked device enabled - it should release interface. You can enable logging (for the particular device) - then when you disable/enable plugin (or restart HomeSeer) - you can see in the log what's going on. If you want - send me the log, I can check.

Comment

I'm working on the new version. Many fixes and improvements...

Major change - Creating configuration matrix for Countdown Timer for different "Linked Device" States:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CntdwnMatrix.PNG Views:	1 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	1300681

Comment

Possibility to add more than one trigger state of each added device within the trigger.

for example

If I have add the trigger state “Nighttime” of the virtual device “Home”, I can’t add also the trigger state “Away” for that device.
            (of course with the group Logic set to “Any”)
            I must now add a complete new trigger

Comment

Originally posted by Paul vdK View Post
              Possibility to add more than one trigger state of each added device within the trigger.

for example

If I have add the trigger state “Nighttime” of the virtual device “Home”, I can’t add also the trigger state “Away” for that device.
              (of course with the group Logic set to “Any”)
              I must now add a complete new trigger
              Sure. I'm working on ver.2 - will add.

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to use your plug-in to set a status for a group of lights, i.e. if any bedroom light is on, turn ON virtual device, likewise, if ALL bedroom light are OFF, turn OFF the virtual device. Additionally, I'm using that virtual device so that you can actually turn ON or turn OFF all lights in that particular area.

The problem is I need to differentiate between your plug-in changing the status of the virtual device, versus someone actually clicking the virtual device. I know there are all sorts of things I could do outside of your plug-in to be able to do this with additional variables and adding more complex HS events. I'm actually already doing this, but simplicity is what I'm after...and I'm almost there with your plug-in.

By using the 'Add to Status' flag, I can tell if the status changed via your plug-in because the device string is also changed. This works great for the ON triggering event, i.e. if ANY device in the group turns ON, as the device string will also contains ' (trigger device)'. This way I know it was triggered because an individual light was turned on. But for the OFF event, I tests for ALL lights OFF. And your 'Add to Status' logic is different. The device status is properly triggered, but it also triggers my event as if the virtual device was clicked OFF.

I was trying to figure out if I could use your 'Add to Status' logic for ALL events in some way, but what I discovered is that I can't figure out how to make it work at all. Meaning if something was preventing the trigger, it was not updating the virtual device string. In any case, I would prefer the functionality more similar to the 'ANY' trigger. Meaning, the device string will contain the name of last device that caused the event to trigger. If that's not possible, and you would still like to use the original functionality, can you add something like '(Null)' to show that no devices that were not satisfying the conditions, i.e. the event was triggered.

In any case, really do like your plug-in. Really fantastic work.

Thanks

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by ruderthanyou View Post
                  I was trying to figure out if I could use your 'Add to Status' logic for ALL events in some way, but what I discovered is that I can't figure out how to make it work at all. Meaning if something was preventing the trigger, it was not updating the virtual device string. In any case, I would prefer the functionality more similar to the 'ANY' trigger. Meaning, the device string will contain the name of last device that caused the event to trigger. If that's not possible, and you would still like to use the original functionality, can you add something like '(Null)' to show that no devices that were not satisfying the conditions, i.e. the event was triggered.
                  Hi Richard, I had same problem myself - how to use 'Add to Status' to "ALL" logic - because it kind of doesn't make sense. One (probably the one) option I consider - adding names of devices which prevent from trigger.

Any input is welcome.

As I'm working on Ver 2 - which is a big change (internally, to make it more flexible) - it's good time for requests!

Comment

Originally posted by ruderthanyou View Post
                    the device string will contain the name of last device that caused the event to trigger
                    Probably it's a best idea

Comment

I’m still trying to figure out what the scope of this plugin is, and I have not installed it yet. So take my requests with that in mind.

Recently I’ve been using the Hubitat plugin and Hubitat hub. I’m using it mainly to control hue lights with Lutron pico remotes. Hubitat has apps you can install that are like plugins in homeseer. There are a class of apps in Hubitat called button controllers that do not exist in any form on homeseer. They allow you to do things like double tap a pico remote button to select a hue scene, or toggle between a list of scenes. It’s really convenient, and similar to homeseer multi-tap on their z-wave switches and scene class, however much more flexible. While homeseer could certainly be made to do the same things it would involve many many events virtual devices, timers, and counters. So my first feature request would be for a button controller.

My second request is about notifications. I’d like to have a single device reflect the latest status from any of a group of devices so that I may create a notification event off of only that one device instead events for each device. Some plugins have these for their devices. Usually they call it a console device. While this is pretty easy to do with scripting, it is not very manageable when things change. So my second request is for a configurable group virtual console device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        I’m still trying to figure out what the scope of this plugin is, and I have not installed it yet
                        Seriously? So, help, docs, YouTube video isn't enough? I call it RTFM. And that's what 30 days trial is for?

There are a class of apps in Hubitat called button controllers that do not exist in any form on homeseer. They allow you to do things like double tap a pico remote button to select a hue scene, or toggle between a list of scenes. So my first feature request would be for a button controller.
                        Sure can be done, just need more requirements what exactly you want please.

While homeseer could certainly be made to do the same things it would involve many many events virtual devices, timers, and counters.
                        That's the scope of my plugin:
                        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                        The aim of the plugin was to reduce use of convoluted HS event system and make creating basic automation an easy process.
                        My second request is about notifications. I’d like to have a single device reflect the latest status from any of a group of devices so that I may create a notification event off of only that one device instead events for each device. While this is pretty easy to do with scripting, it is not very manageable when things change. So my second request is for a configurable group virtual console device.
                        That's the scope of my plugin:
                        "Add to Status" – so the trigger sensor device name will be appended to "Motion Zone" device status string
                        See post #2, very last sentence

Comment

Seriously? So, help, docs, YouTube video isn't enough? I call it RTFM. And that's what 30 days trial is for?
                          I read the description post. I see that you are simplifying motion automation with the plugin, and I see what is on your todo list, but when I say “scope” I mean it is not clear what is appropriate to request in a feature request thread. From the rest of your response essentially anything that makes HS devices smarter are in the cards.

Sure can be done, just need more requirements what exactly you want please.
                          If you are interested in trying to implement a button controller the best is for you to see first hand how it works in Hubitat. If that is not in the cards I could help after I install/configure this plugin.

For notifications the example you give are specific to motion devices. Can this functionality be extended to other types of devices? Battery, sensors, doors, location, security....

perhaps this is something that I can be more specific about after I install.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

For notifications the example you give are specific to motion devices. Can this functionality be extended to other types of devices? Battery, sensors, doors, location, security.... perhaps this is something that I can be more specific about after I install.
                            Why don't you try it first? The plugin is very generic and universal. Regarding motion devices - you are right - it's just an example.

Comment

Probably it's a best idea
                              Thank you

Comment

New version is coming, but slowly

Comment

Working...
                                X