X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Sure. I still need to finish HS3 version re-factoring before porting to HS4.
    Thanks, buying, now...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul vdK View Post
    Hello Alex,

any news about the new version ?
    Still working... It's a major re-write. I use now RangeTree to get the required new state for each trigger at runtime. RangeTree is very efficient and very fast (at runtime), but requires setting-up when plugin starts, or when configuration changes. Also automatic upgrading of existing configs to the new version takes a lot of coding - to make upgrade seamless for the user..

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

If I buy AK Smart Device (HS3), now, will I get a free upgrade to AK Smart Device (HS4)? I can wait, if necessary...
    Sure. I still need to finish HS3 version re-factoring before porting to HS4.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Thank you Matt, I'll think about it. But in HS4
    If I buy AK Smart Device (HS3), now, will I get a free upgrade to AK Smart Device (HS4)? I can wait, if necessary...

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Stay home

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Good

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Thank you Matt, I'll think about it. But in HS4

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    In case i forget :

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Hi Alex,

I wonder, will your PI be able track mouvement ? ie. left to right mouvement or the other way?

My case would be to have two ''sensors'', one at each side of a door entrance ( 1 motion + 1 door sensor / two motions sensors/ one motion or door with somobody entering a code on the zwave lock / etc etc) . So a vitual device would indicate : no motion, motion from left to right, motion from right to left

It would be a lot simpler with a plugin. doing this with event is a pain.. .From logic ( never done it yet) with the event engine, i think it would involve timers and counters and a lot a events .

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul vdK View Post
    Hello Alex,

Hi Paul, now I'm sidetracked by my new Bond plugin. After I release the Bond... Sorry for taking so long

Leave a comment:

• Paul vdK
    replied
    Hello Alex,

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    New version is coming, but slowly

Leave a comment:

• ruderthanyou
    replied
    Probably it's a best idea
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    For notifications the example you give are specific to motion devices. Can this functionality be extended to other types of devices? Battery, sensors, doors, location, security.... perhaps this is something that I can be more specific about after I install.
    Why don't you try it first? The plugin is very generic and universal. Regarding motion devices - you are right - it's just an example.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Seriously? So, help, docs, YouTube video isn't enough? I call it RTFM. And that's what 30 days trial is for?
    I read the description post. I see that you are simplifying motion automation with the plugin, and I see what is on your todo list, but when I say “scope” I mean it is not clear what is appropriate to request in a feature request thread. From the rest of your response essentially anything that makes HS devices smarter are in the cards.

Sure can be done, just need more requirements what exactly you want please.
    If you are interested in trying to implement a button controller the best is for you to see first hand how it works in Hubitat. If that is not in the cards I could help after I install/configure this plugin.

For notifications the example you give are specific to motion devices. Can this functionality be extended to other types of devices? Battery, sensors, doors, location, security....

perhaps this is something that I can be more specific about after I install.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I’m still trying to figure out what the scope of this plugin is, and I have not installed it yet
    Seriously? So, help, docs, YouTube video isn't enough? I call it RTFM. And that's what 30 days trial is for?

There are a class of apps in Hubitat called button controllers that do not exist in any form on homeseer. They allow you to do things like double tap a pico remote button to select a hue scene, or toggle between a list of scenes. So my first feature request would be for a button controller.
    Sure can be done, just need more requirements what exactly you want please.

While homeseer could certainly be made to do the same things it would involve many many events virtual devices, timers, and counters.
    That's the scope of my plugin:
    The aim of the plugin was to reduce use of convoluted HS event system and make creating basic automation an easy process.
    My second request is about notifications. I’d like to have a single device reflect the latest status from any of a group of devices so that I may create a notification event off of only that one device instead events for each device. While this is pretty easy to do with scripting, it is not very manageable when things change. So my second request is for a configurable group virtual console device.
    That's the scope of my plugin:
    "Add to Status" – so the trigger sensor device name will be appended to "Motion Zone" device status string
    See post #2, very last sentence

Leave a comment:

Working...
X