HS4 vision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 vision?

So.... I just saw your plugin being advertised for $10 off and caught my attention.

Decided to check your plugin out and realized this could solve all my event, virtual device woes. My system works but it’s just a confusing mess of events and virtual devices. Your plugin would minimally just make things easier.

Then it dawned on me, not knowing HS4 and what it can or can’t do and reading your post about some of the porting challenges, is it still worth it to invest in your plugin and can I expect just as much functionality, and not redoing what HS4 might be able to do natively.

i know that is a conflict of interest question as obviously you would want to say sure buy it, but just asking.

also in general, at least with events I can disable events if I don’t want certain virtual triggers to function. Is there a way to disable one of your triggers based on a event?

Originally posted by bktabinga View Post
    realized this could solve all my event, virtual device woes. My system works but it’s just a confusing mess of events and virtual devices. Your plugin would minimally just make things easier
    That's the whole idea why I started my plugin!

Then it dawned on me, not knowing HS4 and what it can or can’t do and reading your post about some of the porting challenges, is it still worth it to invest in your plugin and can I expect just as much functionality, and not redoing what HS4 might be able to do natively.

i know that is a conflict of interest question as obviously you would want to say sure buy it, but just asking.
    HS4 doesn't have any changes related to the functionality, i.e. event management. HS4 is mostly about making user interface more contemporary. There are some talks about adding "if/else" to the event triggers, but I'm not sure where it came from.

And because the UI is the major change in HS and my plugin is heavily using the UI - it will be a bit of work to port to HS4. But I will port it because I'm using it myself, I just can't go back to using HS event system.

So the answer is - yes, buy it.

Comment

at least with events I can disable events if I don’t want certain virtual triggers to function. Is there a way to disable one of your triggers based on a event?
      It's a good idea, I will add it to Feature Requests.

For now it will require another virtual device. For example I use HS event based on sunset/sunrise time to set "Night Mode" virtual device - then use it in my plugin.

But eventually I will move more functionality to my plugin. Obviously after porting to HS4 which is higher priority.

Comment

Will users who buy this or any of your other plugins now get the HS4 version free or at a discounted price?
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I'm against charging for the upgrade - even if it's quite a bit of work. HST are still working on upgrade strategy...

Comment

So you're saying upgrades to the HS4 versions of your plugins will be free?
            My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
              So you're saying upgrades to the HS4 versions of your plugins will be free?
              Well, yes

Comment

Compare HS3 to HS4

Comment

So, If i buy this now i'll get the hs4 version free?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    So, If i buy this now i'll get the hs4 version free?
                    Yeah Matt, I don't think charging existing customers for upgrade is a good idea.

Comment

Any eta on the HS4 version? is it possibly to use it at all with HS4 right now?

Comment

Originally posted by MEB View Post
                        Any eta on the HS4 version? is it possibly to use it at all with HS4 right now?
                        It should be working with HS4 (like any other HS3 plugins, according to HST) - I didn't test myself. I'm working on upgrade right now, but no ETA

Comment

Working...
                        X