Help page not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help page not loading

When I click the Help link, all I get is a blank page. I have BLBackup installed on my Zee2 (actually Pi2 with HS3 Std). Is there another way to get to the help documentation? I found the .asp help page, but it won't load for some reason. . .

I want to read the documentation before I start asking any questions. . .and I am sure I found this once before. . .not able to open it now.

You can use this link:

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/BLHelp...ackup_Help.asp
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      Thanks! I was sure I had seen more, but maybe I have just been working on all this too late at night.

So, can you clarify a few things?

I had just setup some scripting to do my backups before someone reminded me about your great plugin that I hadn't ever gotten around to trying.

I have my backups set to manage three backup sets (all doing a complete backing up the main /usr/local/HomeSeer folder). 1 - Backups every Tuesday and Saturday (figure a daily back is much more than I need) - keeping the last 7 (so about a month worth). 2 - Backups the first of every Month - keeping the last 7. 3 - Backup the first of every Year - keeping the last 7. I am not sure I can accomplish this same thing with BLBackup since each directory has a frequency to be chosen. . .

I am a bit confused on the 'frequency' option. It seems the actual running of the backup is determined by scheduling an event, so what does Weekly (Tuesday) really mean? Is this used to determine which backups to keep? If I run this backup job on Tuesday and Saturday, how would the result be different than if I had a Daily job and ran it on Tuesday and Saturday?

So, in my testing, I have also been a bit confused. I set the Destination Folder on the backup directory level, but when I run an event without specifying the directory, it complains that I haven't set one. . .

Also, what do the Backup Format options? I am assuming I want the One Zipi File choice, but when I tested the other option, nothing showed up in the backup folders even though it said it was successful.

If I choose Backup Directory None, will it backup all the directories with their rules? Or put them all in one zip?

Sorry if I missed something. I really did try to figure out how it should be working before writing.

Thanks! I am looking forward to the backup logs via email and in HS console. I did notice that the backup logs don't include the path and filenames of the completed jobs. . .would be helpful.

Thanks again!

Comment

If you setup a daily event to run a backup it will run the frequency backups if they fall on that day

The destination folder on the options page is the default one. You can specify a destination on each event
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

If you setup a daily event to run a backup it will run the frequency backups if they fall on that day

The destination folder on the options page is the default one. You can specify a destination on each event
          So, how would I backup on Tuesday and Thursday each week. . .and keep 6, how would this be accomplished?

Or backing up the same folder on a monthly retention cycle of 6 monthly backups?

So, how is the folder backup option supposed to work? Or is the one zip the only way?

I'll try the backup event without a folder again and see if it happens again, but I have the default set in the options area and in the directories setup, but if I leave it blank in the event, it was complaining. . .

Comment

Ok. Screenshots of the config. . .no files created at location specified.
            Attached Files

Comment

You picked weekly on a Monday so it will not run until tomorrow
              You also have the event trigger set to manual

Here is how I have mine setup
              I have one backup event that runs art the same time everyday
              It will process all directories but if they are weekly it will only back them up on that day
              Attached Files
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

You picked weekly on a Monday so it will not run until tomorrow
                You also have the event trigger set to manual

Here is how I have mine setup
                I have one backup event that runs art the same time everyday
                It will process all directories but if they are weekly it will only back them up on that day
                Hm. Ok. So, the type determines if it actually runs. . .but then how can I back up the same folders twice a week. . .or monthly for that matter? I was hoping to have a long range backup and the short. It appears that isn't possible? Can I add the same folder multiple times? I wouldn't have thought so.

So, if you have backup set for All and you have some monthly backups and weekly Tuesday backups, and daily and you run the backup all event on Tuesday, it will backup just the weekly and daily and only the monthly if it is the first of the month?

Comment

Have you tried adding the same folder?
                  I would have to test that - cannot remember what I use for a key
                  If not then that could likely be changed easily
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Have you tried adding the same folder?
                    I would have to test that - cannot remember what I use for a key
                    If not then that could likely be changed easily
                    Yes. I tried adding the same folder again yesterday. . .

It would be great if the same folder could have multiple backup plans! Then I could keep backup management within the plugin.

Was working through other options last night. . .and started a script to provide the monthly and yearly backup archives. I was thinking I would run BLBackups as Daily, then when the status device gets changed to success, run a script that will copy the backups to other folders on the first of the month and the first of the year. But, if you allow folders to have multiple backup plans, then I won't likely need that anymore.

Thanks for providing this nice backup plugin. Being able to see the logs and being emailed on job completion is nice. I have heard that the job emails don't announce success or failure in the subject. I'll check that out. As I mentioned previously, if you do make a few tweaks, it would be nice to get the filename and path of the zip file (or backup location) in the email.

Thanks again!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can change the plugin to use a different key so you can add the directory multiple times

The entire backup log should get emailed to you so I think you would have everything that u need in the log
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I can change the plugin to use a different key so you can add the directory multiple times

The entire backup log should get emailed to you so I think you would have everything that u need in the log
                        Awesome! Thanks!

Btw, the attached backup log doesn't have the word Success anywhere (not sure about failed since I haven't had one of those yet). . .and it doesn't list the filename of the backup file (which is what I was referring to). I do see COMPLETE in the attachment, but not in the body/subject of the email. . .so it might be challenging to flag failure logs for special attention. Those work well for being able to review the details, but maybe I'll create an alert for the status devices having a status of failed so I don't miss them.

Code:
                        Backup Log for 2/26/2017 11:09:33 AM 

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has STARTED at 2/26/2017 11:09:33 AM...

Processing backup directory:  /usr/local/HomeSeer   ( Frequency: Monthly;  Include Sub Dirs: Yes )
                                Number of backups to keep:  7
                                        2,790 files were processed
                                        0 files in use
                                        0 zip archive(s) deleted
                                        Backup time: 14 mins, 9 secs

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has COMPLETED at 2/26/2017 11:23:43 AM

** Backup process took 14 mins, 9 secs to complete!

Total backup directories processed:  1
                        Total files processed:  2,790
                        Total files backed up:  2,790
                        Total files in use:  0
                        Total old backup logs deleted:  0
                        Total zip archives deleted:  0
                        Thanks again! I'll leave my backups alone for now and look forward to the tweak.

Comment

OK I will add "Success" and "Failed" to the email subject
                          I will also include the full backup zip path in the log

Can I get you to add a feature request on my web site so it keeps it on my radar

See my signature for my site
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

OK I will add "Success" and "Failed" to the email subject
                            I will also include the full backup zip path in the log

Can I get you to add a feature request on my web site so it keeps it on my radar

See my signature for my site
                            Sure. Added two distinct requests. Thanks for your consideration and help!

Comment

Still exploring, trying to understand all the options. Trying the Folder Tree options. . .even with this config and event setup and success email. . .I can't find any data in the backup location (looking in /usr/local/HSBackups/HolmSeer/Daily)

Can you spot anything in my config that would explain this?

Code:
                              Backup Log for 2/27/2017 10:59:47 PM

** Backup process (Folder Tree - FULL) has STARTED at 2/27/2017 10:59:47 PM...

Processing backup directory:  /usr/local/HomeSeer   ( Frequency: Daily;  Include Sub Dirs: Yes )
                                      Number of backups to keep:  7
                                              2,621 files were processed
                                              0 files in use
                                              0 folder trees deleted
                                              Backup time: 6 mins, 54 secs

** Backup process (Folder Tree - FULL) has COMPLETED at 2/27/2017 11:06:42 PM

** Backup process took 6 mins, 54 secs to complete!

Total backup directories processed:  1
                              Total files processed:  2,621
                              Total files backed up:  2,621
                              Total files in use:  0
                              Total old backup logs deleted:  0
                              Total folder trees deleted:  0
                              System Info
                              Current Date/Time: 2/27/2017 11:18:25 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.307
                              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 4 Days 23 Hours 9 Minutes 17 Seconds
                              Number of Devices: 312
                              Number of Events: 224
                              Available Threads: 398

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.37.0: BLBackup
                              3.3.225.13: HSBuddy
                              3.0.0.85: HSTouch Server
                              3.0.0.6: HSZigBee
                              1.0.16323.357: MyQ
                              2.1.6.0: OpenSprinkler
                              30.0.0.33: RFXCOM
                              3.0.2.8: SDJ-Health