How many files should u have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many files should u have?

Ok, so I have a back of file done everyday for 7 days. After 3 days of backup how many backup up file should I see in the destination drive?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

+1 I just started using BLBackup and I have it doing a full with directories. I am showing a backup with all the main directory files and one sub-directory called bin. Is this the correct number of files and sub-directories? Should all sub-directories be there? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      +1 I just started using BLBackup and I have it doing a full with directories. I am showing a backup with all the main directory files and one sub-directory called bin. Is this the correct number of files and sub-directories? Should all sub-directories be there? thanks
      That is not enough. Mine backs up the root \HomeSeer HS3\ and ALL subdirectories. The \bin subdirectory is one of the less important, with \data, \config and \scripts being the most important.

You might post a screenshot of the event as well as the BLBackup configuration. Maybe someone will be able to point you to changes you might need to make.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here are the screenshots. Not sure which part is wrong.
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a destination folder entered on the options page?
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I thought I should add that it did do a backup last night but only included the main directory files and one sub-directory called Bin. The rest did not show up. To answer your question, yes it has a drive letter assigned (external hd) in Options but I don't have a specific folder created on the drive. So it just has e:\ in the destination in Options and I also put that same drive letter in the destination line when I created the directory. Is that maybe the problem?

Comment

Follow up:

I created a directory on the external drive e:\ called backups. I created an entry for the HS3 main directory and made the destination folder read e:\backups. In the Options tab the destination folder still read e:\ only. I also added individual entries under the Directories tab for each sub-directory under HS3. The individual sub-directories were told to go to the e:\ only. This morning there was nothing in the backups directory on e:\ but there was a directory present for each of the individual entries under MainControl\ daily\.

So the entry e:\backups for the destination under the Directory tab was ignored and the one in the Options tab, e:\, was followed. Even the HS3 main directory which had been told to go to the backups directory on e:\ still went to the root e:\.

It is as if the destination folder entry on the Directory tab is being ignored and the Options tab entry takes over no matter what.

Do all of the sub-directories have to be entered individually or do we only need to enter the HS3 main directory and all subs will be included?

Comment

Backup Still Not Working

I am still having the same problem with the backups. I have a usb connected hard drive that I use for backups. I have created a sub-directory on this drive and put that in the options page.

I have a single entry into the directories tab which is the HS3 main directory. Checked the include subs box and gave it a 1 for number of copies.

None of the files go into the sub-directory I created but they show up in the root of the drive. Some of the sub-directories from HS3 get backed up but others don't. For instance the scripts was not there.

Anyone know why this is doing this and what the fix might be?

Also could someone explain why the 'number of copies' entry is needed. Why would you need multiple copies? thanks

Comment

I wonder if it is because you did not specify and alias

Capture a debug log of you running the backup
                  Then attach it zipped
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I don't have a way to zip the htm file. Would you prefer that I send it some other way? Or copy it here.

Also, I got an error in the main log that said 'system cannot find the path specified'. Yet the backup ran, but only partial data.

The backup I just ran only copied the first 4 sub-directories in HS3 along with the files in the main directory.

OK here is the right file I hope.
                    Last edited by cowinger; April 17, 2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

The html file is not the debug log

Go to the options page and turn on debug logging and save the options

Then run your backup
                      Once backup is done, then go back to the options page and turn off debug logging

Attach the BLBackup-Detailed.log zipped
                      It is in the HS3 root folder
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

OK, I think I have the correct file.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Does this folder exist?

e:\backups\MainControl\Daily\HomeSeerHS3_DAILY_2017-04-17_09-55-54\Docs\restart

Can you try it with 2.0.45
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

The answer to your first question , there is no Docs sub-directory. There are only 4 sub-directories in the backup, the first 4 under HS3 and the files in the main dir.

I ran it under 2.0.45 and got the same result of only the first 4 subs and the files under HS3.

Comment

Also look in your HS3 log at the time the backup happened and see if there are any errors in the log. I am having a similar issue and also see errors in the log.

It looks like the backup is not creating all the sub-directories needed on the target drive and then when the backup tries to backup the files it errors because it cannot find the target sub-directory.

Michael
                              HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X