Updated yesterday and backup failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated yesterday and backup failed

I was going through my plugins yesterday and updated BLbackup to the latest version. Last night I got an email that the backup failed.

Checked the logs and got the following:

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has STARTED at 8/27/2017 8:05:13 AM...

ERROR: was not accessible!!

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has FAILED at 8/27/2017 8:05:13 AM

Not much to go on. The backup directory is there, it has disk space.

Also, I noticed that the backup has run consistently every day until 8/22 and then didn't run again until last night. At least according to the logs. I wouldn't have noticed this unless the backup failed.

This doesn't make a lot of sense - that backups had stopped running about a week ago, and then arbitrarily I decide to update and they start running and fail?

Perhaps it does make sense and someone can help me solve this? Thanks.

go into blbackup and copy/paste the whole log that shows the backup path etc.,,

Comment

I found a Detailed log file in the main HS3 directory. Is this the one you are talking about? Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

no...go to plugins...manage....blbackup...reports

Comment

That is what I posted in the original message. That is the entire backup log:

I had the same thing last night, and then I had a complete log from 8/22 when it last ran successfully. I am still trying to figure out why it didn't run from 8/23 until yesterday when I updated the plugin but that is another issue.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            That is what I posted in the original message. That is the entire backup log:

I had the same thing last night, and then I had a complete log from 8/22 when it last ran successfully. I am still trying to figure out why it didn't run from 8/23 until yesterday when I updated the plugin but that is another issue.
            thats it?????

mine looks like...

Backup Log for 8/26/2017 6:00:01 AM

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has STARTED at 8/26/2017 6:00:01 AM...

Processing backup directory: C:\program files (x86)\Homeseer HS3 ( Frequency: Weekly (Monday); Include Sub Dirs: Yes )
            Computer Name: Blue; Unique Alias: blue
            Comment:
            Number of backups to keep: 15
            Zip File Path: E:\Blue\Blue\Weekly (Monday)\HomeseerHS3_blue_WEEKLY-MONDAY_2017-08-26_06-00-03_FULL.zip
            Zip Archive: E:\Blue\Blue\Weekly (Monday)\HomeseerHS3_blue_WEEKLY-MONDAY_2017-07-31_06-00-03_FULL.zip was DELETED
            3,330 files were processed
            0 files in use
            1 zip archive(s) deleted
            Backup time: 28 mins, 47 secs

** Backup process (One Zip File - FULL) has COMPLETED at 8/26/2017 6:28:49 AM

** Backup process took 28 mins, 48 secs to complete!

Total backup directories processed: 1
            Total files processed: 3,330
            Total files backed up: 3,330
            Total files in use: 0
            Total old backup logs deleted: 0
            Total zip archives deleted: 1

Comment

check your backup directory is right in blbackup

Comment

Check disk space
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. As I stated in the beginning the only thing I did was upgrade to the latest version of BLBackup. Everything was running fine up until then.

I didn't change any configuration, the backup driectories have not changed, I have 118GB free on the main drive and 64GB free on the backup drive - more than enough space to accomplish the task.

I used my backups to step back to 2.0.46 and everything is working again. I restored only the hspi file and the .config file in the main HS3 directory.

So I can confirm that whatever happened was caused by 2.0.47. Happy to run more tests, but also happy just to sit on the older version for now knowing that I am backed up! Peace of mind.

Comment

This is odd - I have been running the new one for quite some time

Turn on debug logging and then run a small backup and capture the issue. Then turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped so I can see what is happening
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Don't fret,

When I updated to that version I had the same problem and reverted back to the previous version. After a while, say 2 to three weeks I updated again, and cleaned out old backups from the destination folder. it has worked perfectly since, keep an eye on disk space.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I reinstalled the new version and this time it failed but I got a detailed log - attached to this message.

@gogs - what exactly did you clean out - all of the zip files? The directory structure as well? Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                          I reinstalled the new version and this time it failed but I got a detailed log - attached to this message.

@gogs - what exactly did you clean out - all of the zip files? The directory structure as well? Thanks.
                          I am not zipping the folders up, simply saving the entire folder tree. I deleted the older of the directories
                          sigpic

Comment

What is the difference between this plugin and SyncBack program?

Both can be zipped

Comment

Working...
                            X