No announcement yet.

Extremely slow backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the log-file you asked for now running with SSD backing, and taking about 40-45 minutes. It's a dropbox link due to size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e30f92xws6...ailed.log?dl=0

Edit: It seems it process each file a ton of times, but I am not sure if that's how it should be or not. If you have time to check it out I would be most grateful.
    Last edited by TomB; January 20th, 2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
      Quick question on the BLBackup.s3db file, is that necessary to keep for a long time or can I delete it and let it refresh? I have had it set to daily backup and 60 backups to keep, not sure if that is the reason but that file is now 160MB.

Don't want to remove it if it's vital to the operation of BLBackup though
      Mine is only 29MB
      The database is used by the plugin when running a backup. It will cause issues if you delete it
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
        Here is the log-file you asked for now running with SSD backing, and taking about 40-45 minutes. It's a dropbox link due to size.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e30f92xws6...ailed.log?dl=0

Edit: It seems it process each file a ton of times, but I am not sure if that's how it should be or not. If you have time to check it out I would be most grateful.
        Your database does not look right to me
        I would try this:

1. Disable BLBackup (make sure the HSPI_BLBackup.exe process is not running - if it is then kill it)
        2. Delete the BLBackup.s3db
        3. Re-install the plugin
        4. Enable the plugin

See if that helps
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

That did it, it took 1 min, 10 secs to do a full backup after I deleted the database and reinstalled the plugin. That's more like the speed I would expect

Thank you so much to all for the input, glad we got there in the end.

Over the network to SMB/NAS it took 3 mins 50 secs, so very quick indeed.
          Last edited by TomB; January 21st, 2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X