Now i understand.

but actually there is an issue.
    i got in maintain backup directory's

2 things

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
    Computer Name: HS

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
    Computer Name: Security system Emergency

When i make an event to trigger on monthly (the first one in the list) it triggers the second also when its finished...

i have an virtual for the first and for the second.

when i make an event to trigger monthly it triggers the first here in the list..
    but after its completed it triggers the second aswell but the status on the virtual device keeps saying currently backupping...

the second event is an emergency event it triggers only when i want to do manual a backup.. so i tested it out..
    also after finishing that one it triggers the first one for backupping after finish...
    also no status change (virtuals still saying backupping)

regards

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I understand your question. It is not clear to me that the frequency dropdown has anything to do with backups other than to determine the subdirectory on the backup destination. When you set a destination directory for a backup the computer name becomes a subdirectory of that destination and the frequency becomes a subdirectory of the computer name directory. Backups are only initiated by events. The actual backup frequency is based on the event frequency. If you take daily backups with an event, using a path flagged as "Monthly", the daily backups will be in the "Monthly" subdirectory.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Malosa; February 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Malosa View Post
    thank you for your reply.i already know how to make an event but why is the Frequency in the options? i was thinking if i put to monthly it wil update monthly.. but it doesnt

regards
    I understand your question. It is not clear to me that the frequency dropdown has anything to do with backups other than to determine the subdirectory on the backup destination. When you set a destination directory for a backup the computer name becomes a subdirectory of that destination and the frequency becomes a subdirectory of the computer name directory. Backups are only initiated by events. The actual backup frequency is based on the event frequency. If you take daily backups with an event, using a path flagged as "Monthly", the daily backups will be in the "Monthly" subdirectory.

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    thank you for your reply.i already know how to make an event but why is the Frequency in the options? i was thinking if i put to monthly it wil update monthly.. but it doesnt

regards
    Wow, I don't know what I was thinking. I have used this one before for a monthly backup.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied

regards

I use a condition to control which day the monthly backup runs.

Leave a comment:

• Malosa
    replied

regards

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    I use an event like this to do my daily. Of course you can add a date as you know for monthly.

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    I use an event like this to do my daily. Of course you can add a date as you know for monthly.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Malosa
    started a topic monthly backup question

monthly backup question

Hi,

Do i need to create an event for the monthly backup?

I enabled it in the options, but he made no backup for january..
    the last was december.. (BLBackup_Log_2017-12-31_19-08-03)

regards
Working...
X