PI Enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Dumb question... why do I define the backup; format, type, directories and destination folder both within the event action and within the BLbackup PI? seems counter intuitive, am I missing something? Mike
    The only crossover between BLBackup condfiguration and the Event is the destination directory, which can be overridden in an Event and is not required in the configuration. The backup format and type are only selectable in an Event. The backup directory as selected in an Event is not explained in the docs, but I always leave mine at None. I suppose if you had a number of backup jobs configured, this would allow you to choose among them.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy, I decided to read your post in detail.. If I understand you correctly

Code:
      (simple example)

If
      and If

Or If
      and If
      The primary trigger is the first "If" statement
      The secondary trigger is the first "Or If" statement
      The first condition is the first "If" statement
      The second condition is the first "and If" (after the first "If")
      The third condition is the first "Or If" statement and
      The fourth condition is the second "and If" (after the first "Or If")

Trying to better understand your post. Mike
      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
      Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
      HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Randy, I decided to read your post in detail.. If I understand you correctly

Code:
        (simple example)

If
        and If

Or If
        and If
        The primary trigger is the first "If" statement
        The secondary trigger is the first "Or If" statement
        The first condition is the first "If" statement
        The second condition is the first "and If" (after the first "If")
        The third condition is the first "Or If" statement and
        The fourth condition is the second "and If" (after the first "Or If")

Trying to better understand your post. Mike
        Conditions are ALWAYS preceded with AND IF, they are never preceded with IF or OR IF.

IF and OR IF always precede triggers.

Here are some screenshots. I built an vent with two triggers and a pair of conditions associated with each trigger

Click image for larger version

Name:	trigger1b.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1196524

The triggers are associated with the conditions as shown by the event being broken into blocks

Name:	trigger1a.png
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1196523

If you delete the secondary trigger

Name:	trigger1c.png
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1196525

you will end up with a corrupted event. What was the first secondary condition becomes the secondary trigger. Note that a weekend day is not a valid trigger since it is true for 48 hours each week.

Name:	trigger2.PNG
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1196526

The only cure is to delete the remaining elements of the secondary block

Name:	trigger3.PNG
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1196527

After deleting it all, you can add a secondary trigger if you want

Name:	trigger4.PNG
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1196528

The lessons are:
        1. Never delete a primary trigger. If you do, delete the event and start over. If you need a different trigger, change it.
        2. If you need to delete a secondary trigger, you must delete all of the conditions as well and it is better to delete them first

Comment

Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike
            cheeryfool

Comment

James, thanxs for the suggestion, I currently use a number of Jon's Plug-ins but not this one, will have download and try it. I would have thought that HS3 would have a few basic tools to do the same....I'm just saying Mike

Comment

IMO it would be better for HST to fix the events page so event corruption doesn't happen. I have used HomeSeer for many years and didn't know there was a specific procedure for editing events to avoid corrupting them. Could explain some of the problems I've had over the years.
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                  IMO it would be better for HST to fix the events page so event corruption doesn't happen. I have used HomeSeer for many years and didn't know there was a specific procedure for editing events to avoid corrupting them. Could explain some of the problems I've had over the years.
                  Reid, I agree with you, HST should either fix or provide monitoring tools/routines that easily identify issues much like the one I experienced this week while trying to get a simple event to work and oh by the way I did not delete anything within the events trigger only added the "OR IF". I was glad that Randy had the patience with me and explained the procedure.. I know I can be a little dense at times but I find that by having a simple dialogue can help other users less thicker than me. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                    There would be no need for a procedure if there weren't a bug. This is a bug that I discovered as soon as I started with HomeSeer in 2014. I have filed a Bugzilla and communicated it directly via email more than once. It has never been addressed. My suggestion was not to put an "X" beside the primary trigger and when a secondary (or tertiary, etc.) trigger is deleted, automatically remove the conditions, instead of moving the first one up and having it become an invalid trigger. As I wrote above, there is never a need to delete the primary trigger in an event.

The only bug that was fixed of the several that were brought up at that time was corruption during Event copying. The deleting of a trigger was never addressed, nor was the issue where during a marathon Event editing session, the time picker for the Wait action will stop getting focus. The same problem can happen to time pickers on delayed actions or delayed Events.
                    Group conditions remain unpredictable and do not work with plug-in triggers.

Comment

Just don't EVER delete a Trigger

It is a shame that this problem has never been addressed, because it is one that bites users frequently. I have helped a half dozen or more members who had broken events due to deleting Triggers. Until you know about the problem, it can be a silent killer, rendering Events that look correct completely broken. I was enthusiastic about the importance of fixing this particular bug, but it was never acknowledged of addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        Just don't EVER delete a Trigger

It is a shame that this problem has never been addressed, because it is one that bites users frequently. I have helped a half dozen or more members who had broken events due to deleting Triggers. Until you know about the problem, it can be a silent killer, rendering Events that look correct completely broken. I was enthusiastic about the importance of fixing this particular bug, but it was never acknowledged of addressed.

Randy

Try adding it to the Quick Wins thread that I created the other week. Of course it may
                        go nowhere, but the everlasting Longitude bug was finally addressed, albeit after a couple of iterations
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          Randy

Try adding it to the Quick Wins thread that I created the other week. Of course it may
                          go nowhere, but the everlasting Longitude bug was finally addressed, albeit after a couple of iterations
                          Done! We'll see what happens.

Comment

James, thanxs for the suggestion, I currently use a number of Jon's Plug-ins but not this one, will have download and try it. I would have thought that HS3 would have a few basic tools to do the same....I'm just saying Mike

As an example - I replaced a Z-wave device last night with a different type. This morning, on my commute, I received the broken events report which showed 4 that needed fixing. Took a couple of mins on my iPhone to replace the device in the events and re-run the report to double check.
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                              As an example - I replaced a Z-wave device last night with a different type. This morning, on my commute, I received the broken events report which showed 4 that needed fixing. Took a couple of mins on my iPhone to replace the device in the events and re-run the report to double check.
                              James, out of curiosity what events have you set-up (trigger/periodicity) to run the Broken Report and how are you being notify (I'm assuming Pushover?) Mike

Comment

James, out of curiosity what events have you set-up (trigger/periodicity) to run the Broken Report and how are you being notify (I'm assuming Pushover?) Mike
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X