X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I love the idea, but it’s beyond my capabilities. If someone can figure out a way to monitor for a new version of the file and parse out whether it includes just that one event, then it could be used as a condition to run the second event or not. That would need the 2 event structure though.
    Are there any scripting experts out there that could offer a solution(s)? Requirement:
    1. Parse a specific text file at located c:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer3\html\eventlisting.txt and search for the text string "Broken" and count the number of "Broken" if the count of "Broken" is greater than X then execute an event otherwise don't do anything
    2. The User will create two events;
    • One to run the new parse script daily
    • The other to send email with txt file to specific emails if the script detects a count of more than X "Broken" strings.
    Last edited by MNB; April 26th, 2018, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    James, I took your two events and combined them into one. It would be neat to be able to run a script that would run the report, check for "Broken" and then either delete the file if there is only one "Broken" or save it to be emailed with more than One "Broken" your thoughts? Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    James, I took your two events and combined them into one. It would be neat to be able to run a script that would run the report, check for "Broken" and then either delete the file if there is only one "Broken" or save it to be emailed with more than One "Broken" your thoughts? Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    James, thanxs for the comeback.. I was wondering if you were using a specific time or had a means to look for a broken condition/trigger you choices the easier route . You also clarified ensuring that ones naming of events and within events to "Borked" vs "Broken". I named my event as "Events - Broken Report" and always see it in the Broken report.

Given where I came from (about 25 unknown broken events) before Jon built this, I figured a once a day check was more than adequate.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    James, thanxs for the comeback.. I was wondering if you were using a specific time or had a means to look for a broken condition/trigger you choices the easier route . You also clarified ensuring that ones naming of events and within events to "Borked" vs "Broken". I named my event as "Events - Broken Report" and always see it in the Broken report.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    James, out of curiosity what events have you set-up (trigger/periodicity) to run the Broken Report and how are you being notify (I'm assuming Pushover?) Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    As an example - I replaced a Z-wave device last night with a different type. This morning, on my commute, I received the broken events report which showed 4 that needed fixing. Took a couple of mins on my iPhone to replace the device in the events and re-run the report to double check.
    James, out of curiosity what events have you set-up (trigger/periodicity) to run the Broken Report and how are you being notify (I'm assuming Pushover?) Mike

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    James, thanxs for the suggestion, I currently use a number of Jon's Plug-ins but not this one, will have download and try it. I would have thought that HS3 would have a few basic tools to do the same....I'm just saying Mike

As an example - I replaced a Z-wave device last night with a different type. This morning, on my commute, I received the broken events report which showed 4 that needed fixing. Took a couple of mins on my iPhone to replace the device in the events and re-run the report to double check.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Randy

Try adding it to the Quick Wins thread that I created the other week. Of course it may
    go nowhere, but the everlasting Longitude bug was finally addressed, albeit after a couple of iterations
    Done! We'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Just don't EVER delete a Trigger

It is a shame that this problem has never been addressed, because it is one that bites users frequently. I have helped a half dozen or more members who had broken events due to deleting Triggers. Until you know about the problem, it can be a silent killer, rendering Events that look correct completely broken. I was enthusiastic about the importance of fixing this particular bug, but it was never acknowledged of addressed.

Randy

Try adding it to the Quick Wins thread that I created the other week. Of course it may
    go nowhere, but the everlasting Longitude bug was finally addressed, albeit after a couple of iterations

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike
    Just don't EVER delete a Trigger

It is a shame that this problem has never been addressed, because it is one that bites users frequently. I have helped a half dozen or more members who had broken events due to deleting Triggers. Until you know about the problem, it can be a silent killer, rendering Events that look correct completely broken. I was enthusiastic about the importance of fixing this particular bug, but it was never acknowledged of addressed.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by reidfo View Post
    IMO it would be better for HST to fix the events page so event corruption doesn't happen. I have used HomeSeer for many years and didn't know there was a specific procedure for editing events to avoid corrupting them. Could explain some of the problems I've had over the years.
    There would be no need for a procedure if there weren't a bug. This is a bug that I discovered as soon as I started with HomeSeer in 2014. I have filed a Bugzilla and communicated it directly via email more than once. It has never been addressed. My suggestion was not to put an "X" beside the primary trigger and when a secondary (or tertiary, etc.) trigger is deleted, automatically remove the conditions, instead of moving the first one up and having it become an invalid trigger. As I wrote above, there is never a need to delete the primary trigger in an event.

The only bug that was fixed of the several that were brought up at that time was corruption during Event copying. The deleting of a trigger was never addressed, nor was the issue where during a marathon Event editing session, the time picker for the Wait action will stop getting focus. The same problem can happen to time pickers on delayed actions or delayed Events.
    Group conditions remain unpredictable and do not work with plug-in triggers.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by reidfo View Post
    IMO it would be better for HST to fix the events page so event corruption doesn't happen. I have used HomeSeer for many years and didn't know there was a specific procedure for editing events to avoid corrupting them. Could explain some of the problems I've had over the years.
    Reid, I agree with you, HST should either fix or provide monitoring tools/routines that easily identify issues much like the one I experienced this week while trying to get a simple event to work and oh by the way I did not delete anything within the events trigger only added the "OR IF". I was glad that Randy had the patience with me and explained the procedure.. I know I can be a little dense at times but I find that by having a simple dialogue can help other users less thicker than me. Mike

Leave a comment:

• reidfo
    replied
    Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    James, thanxs for the suggestion, I currently use a number of Jon's Plug-ins but not this one, will have download and try it. I would have thought that HS3 would have a few basic tools to do the same....I'm just saying Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X