X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, many thanxs for taking the time.. to edumcate, your examples makes it clear. With you graphics and verbiage I can see that I've corrupted some of my events without not knowing any better.

Now that Rich and company has formally released HS3 v.435 a practical new feature that would identify (visually or via a subroutine) those events that have; errors, devices with triggers/conditions that are no longer working either by deleting/inserting new devices ect. Today one has to open all of ones events to discover where or not I have conditions that are no longer functional and obviously where triggers are broken and cannot be easily seen other than looking within Logs and doing investigation to figure out where the problem. Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Randy, I decided to read your post in detail.. If I understand you correctly

Code:
    (simple example)

If
    and If

Or If
    and If
    The primary trigger is the first "If" statement
    The secondary trigger is the first "Or If" statement
    The first condition is the first "If" statement
    The second condition is the first "and If" (after the first "If")
    The third condition is the first "Or If" statement and
    The fourth condition is the second "and If" (after the first "Or If")

Trying to better understand your post. Mike
    Conditions are ALWAYS preceded with AND IF, they are never preceded with IF or OR IF.

IF and OR IF always precede triggers.

Here are some screenshots. I built an vent with two triggers and a pair of conditions associated with each trigger

Click image for larger version

Name:	trigger1b.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1196524

The triggers are associated with the conditions as shown by the event being broken into blocks

Name:	trigger1a.png
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1196523

If you delete the secondary trigger

Name:	trigger1c.png
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1196525

you will end up with a corrupted event. What was the first secondary condition becomes the secondary trigger. Note that a weekend day is not a valid trigger since it is true for 48 hours each week.

Name:	trigger2.PNG
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1196526

The only cure is to delete the remaining elements of the secondary block

Name:	trigger3.PNG
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1196527

After deleting it all, you can add a secondary trigger if you want

Name:	trigger4.PNG
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1196528

The lessons are:
    1. Never delete a primary trigger. If you do, delete the event and start over. If you need a different trigger, change it.
    2. If you need to delete a secondary trigger, you must delete all of the conditions as well and it is better to delete them first

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, I decided to read your post in detail.. If I understand you correctly

Code:
    (simple example)

If
    and If

Or If
    and If
    The primary trigger is the first "If" statement
    The secondary trigger is the first "Or If" statement
    The first condition is the first "If" statement
    The second condition is the first "and If" (after the first "If")
    The third condition is the first "Or If" statement and
    The fourth condition is the second "and If" (after the first "Or If")

Trying to better understand your post. Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Dumb question... why do I define the backup; format, type, directories and destination folder both within the event action and within the BLbackup PI? seems counter intuitive, am I missing something? Mike
    The only crossover between BLBackup condfiguration and the Event is the destination directory, which can be overridden in an Event and is not required in the configuration. The backup format and type are only selectable in an Event. The backup directory as selected in an Event is not explained in the docs, but I always leave mine at None. I suppose if you had a number of backup jobs configured, this would allow you to choose among them.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Well, I went back to square one and re-created both a new VD and event and lo and behold I now have a working device/event. I'm not sure why (me thinks may have been corrupted trigger portion of the event) but I'm happy that its working, again thanxs Randy for a great tutorage example to be added to ones Home Automation tool box Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Dumb question... why do I define the backup; format, type, directories and destination folder both within the event action and within the BLbackup PI? seems counter intuitive, am I missing something? Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Well, I went back to square one and re-created both a new VD and event and lo and behold I now have a working device/event. I'm not sure why (me thinks may have been corrupted trigger portion of the event) but I'm happy that its working, again thanxs Randy for a great tutorage example to be added to ones Home Automation tool box Mike

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, when I enter start I only get the following:

Code:
    Apr-23 16:56:03 	  	Device Control 	Device: Utility Controls Blbackup (folder) to Start (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    so it appears that the start action is being detected but the event isn't executing. maybe I should create a new event?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    No the event did not trigger when I selected "Start" on the VD, in fact I put a start icon within the VD to change when Start was depressed but it did not change the VD status which I would have expected when depressed the start. I will explore some more, I could restart my HS3, I noticed that I'm have some TTS issues since updating to beta v.435 e.g. my Ultracid isn't announcing when I'm getting phone calls which was working back at beta v.425. I noticed that you have the "start" but with "unspecified" selected not sure what the difference between it and "On" is. Mike
    These things should happen
    1. Select "Start" on the device and the change of status is logged
    2. If the device change was logged, the log should show the event was triggered
    3. The backup status device should change to a value of 2=In progress
    4. After some time the status device will either show success or failure

Where is the failure in yours? Mine changes so quickly, I never see the icon go blank, as soon as I click Start the backup in progress icon shows.

Here is what happened with mine just now (newest at top):

Apr-23 2:43:42 PM BLBackup Info The backup process (Folder Tree - Full) has started at 4/23/2018 2:43:42 PM...
    Apr-23 2:43:42 PM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Backup BLBackup - Folder DS10"
    Apr-23 2:43:42 PM Device Control Device: Utility Controls BLBackup to Start (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I have no idea why yours doesn't work. Mine has worked for a year or so and ran when I captured the screenshots above. Did the event trigger when you selected "Start"?
    No the event did not trigger when I selected "Start" on the VD, in fact I put a start icon within the VD to change when Start was depressed but it did not change the VD status which I would have expected when depressed the start. I will explore some more, I could restart my HS3, I noticed that I'm have some TTS issues since updating to beta v.435 e.g. my Ultracid isn't announcing when I'm getting phone calls which was working back at beta v.425. I noticed that you have the "start" but with "unspecified" selected not sure what the difference between it and "On" is. Mike

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Randy, I must be missing something, I created a virtual Device with the 4 values same as your example (see attached) and modified my backup event to include "Start" Trigger but when I select the Start on the VD it doesn't start the BLbackup but if I manually start the event it works like a champ. Mike
    I have no idea why yours doesn't work. Mine has worked for a year or so and ran when I captured the screenshots above. Did the event trigger when you selected "Start"?

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, I must be missing something, I created a virtual Device with the 4 values same as your example (see attached) and modified my backup event to include "Start" Trigger but when I select the Start on the VD it doesn't start the BLbackup but if I manually start the event it works like a champ. Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Randy, I agree with Robert.. "you be da Event man!". I like your virtual device approach rather than having to go to the PI and execute it. Mike

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks Randy... I may have seen this, but it's been a long time.
    I like your mod for the device. You are the 'Event God!'

Robert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X