Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody's been BUSY (Lots of Blade PI Updates)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade
    replied
    Glad it is resolved

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    No change on this issue - I emailed HST support just now (my 1st ever to them, so anything's possible).
    Well I guess I was enough of a nag, and this is now resolved for the BLShutdown plugin. At first, support didn't understand the issue because it installs fine, just didn't inform when update available. Next they indicated that it was a developer issue - but shortly thereafter it got fixed. Squeaky wheel I guess. BLRouterMonitor still has the issue, you might want to fix that one.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    That is something I will have to pass on to HST since they control the updater entries
    I have emailed them about it
    No change on this issue - I emailed HST support just now (my 1st ever to them, so anything's possible).
    Hello,

I've noticed a small issue with the updater. I have an installed plugin, BLShutdown. Recently an update was introduced, but this does not show in the installed plugin section. Also, down in the plugin selection list, the 'Installed' column is blank for that plugin.

It appears that the updater file entry field #2, exefile is incorrect. It should be "HSPI_BLShutdown.exe" rather than "blshutdown.exe".

Note there are two other entries with similar issues:

BLRouterMonitor: exefile should be "HSPI_BLRouterMonitor.exe" rather than "beyondexecv2.exe"
    HSPI_OCELOT should be "HSPI_OCELOT.exe" rather than "HSPI_OCLEOT.exe"

Unrelated to the above, the download https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSPI_H...at_3_0_0_7.zip is missing.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    A local address should work with no issues

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    Bob,
    Since I have the remote PC's address in the Backup Event, can I just use a local address on the Options page(i.e. C:\BL-BackupLogs) and avoid having to deal with this issue?
    BobSpen

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Yes I had to create the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\System\EnableLinkedConnections (REG_DWORD) = 0x1

Set the value of the key to 1

If it does not fix it you can delete the key

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    Bob,
    There is no key in the POLICY directory called EnableLinkedConnections. I hope you did not want me to add it?
    BobSpen

PS It is not on my other windows10 machine either. I searched for "enablelinkedconnections" and found nothing.

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    Bob,
    I may have mislead you earlier when you asked me to create a C:\Temp directory. I think I created a C:\Temp on the remote machine and put "\\BobsOfficePC\Temp" as the entry on your Options page. That did/does fail.

I just tried creating a Temp directory on the HS Server machine then inputting "C:\Temp" on your Options page and that does work! So my problem seems related only to a directory on a remote networked machine--but you probably already figured that.

I will try the registry change and get back to you.

BobSpen

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Yes that is what that is called
    I am using a UNC path here as well with no issues

Did you try that registry change I mentioned?
    Worth a try - u can always delete the key

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    UNC path? Is that what I use?
    BobSpen

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    OK reboot and I am runnign 1803 with no issues and I use a UNC path as well

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Looks like my HS machine needs a reboot as 1803 was installed
    Will report back shortly

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    This is the version of Windows 10 I am using

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    Installed .59. Problem the same!

FYI: Both my HS3 server and the PC I have my daily backups on, got the Windows 10 "1803" update within the last few weeks----are you testing on this version?

BobSpen

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    My UAC is set to "0"(none). I will try .59 and report back.
    BobSpen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X