Triggering Backups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering Backups?

Hi - I'm not sure if I'm being dense about this but after reading the help, I have a few questions.

1. How do I trigger a backup? I thought it would trigger automatically after having configured the directory, but nothing is running. My backup directory is empty, as are the logs.

2. In Options there is a place to specify a destination backup folder. But when I set up a new directory to backup, it also has me specify a folder. Do these conflict?

Thanks.

here's the pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Add the folders you want to backup in the pic you posted
      You will then need to setup an event in HS3 and pick the BLBackup actions
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Got it, thanks. Then what's the purpose of specifying a frequency in the folder settings?

And in the event, it's asking me about a destination folder. That's the third place to specify a destination folder (plug in options, folder settings, event details). How do these three different destinations interact?

Comment

The purpose of the frequence is for when you do an event backup and do not specify a folder to backup. It will back them all up but according to their frequency
          The destination folder in the event will override the others. The backup folder on the options page is the global one - it will be used if nothing is supplied in the event action or the folder when you add it.
          Hope this helps
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Ah that is great. Thanks. As if you don't have more important things to do, but that would be useful in the help page .

Comment

Working...
            X