Mapped Network Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapped Network Drive

I would like BLBackup to backup my Homeseer directory onto a server that I have on the network. That server is protected by domain credentials, so I created a mapped network drive (e.g. Z:\) on the Homeseer Hometroller that had the credentials baked in. When I navigate to the drive in Windows on the hometroller, it works fine. So the share and mapped drive are set up properly.

But BLBackup doesn't seem to work with this. It won't accept the drive as a destination.

Bug?

Bump - never got an answer on this?

Comment

Sorry about this - it will not accept the drive when you have the page? or fails to backup to the drive?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sorry for the delay on my side now - it wasn't accepting the drive on the page.

Comment

Is HS running as a service on your HomeTroller? (Not sure if this is how it's configured or not, since I don't have one...)

Comment

Turn on debug logging in the plugin on the options page
            Then try putting in the drive and save
            Then turn off debug logging

Attach the BLBackup-Detailed.log zipped here
            It is in the HS3 root folder
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Here you go. The error I get is that the destination doesn't exist. But it definitely does exist (eg it navigates there when I type it into start run).

Attached Files

Comment

Can you please delete the debug log, then do the steps in this thread, then grab the debug log again and attach

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...-debug-logging
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Sure. Done. Here you go.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That is odd - looks like it has an issue with Z:\HSBackups
                    I mapped a network drive here as Z and used it in BLBackup and it seemed to take it
                    Can you try referencing it as a UNC path to the server

\\myserver\HSBackups
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Will try - should I surround it in quotes (") if there is a space in the path?

Comment

Ok - did it without quotes and it worked. Except...won't it fail using a UNC path like that because it won't have the credentials to connect after a reboot? That's why I wanted to use a mapped drive.

Comment

I am having the same issue, I have my NAS mapped to N:\

Then I tried:
                          \\192.168.1.2\nas\Backups\HomeSeer 3 BLBackup

It worked for a few days and then it stopped (after an BLBackup update I think), now when I try to enable debugging, it says "Backup folder does not exist!"

Comment

What about putting something in startup scripts to map a drive? That way it would be in the context of the server's session...

Comment

So - it was working for a while. Then the computer rebooted. I remapped the drive manually, but it's still failing. Tells me drive doesn't exist. But when I paste the path into start run, it finds it fine...

Comment

Working...
                              X