• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you starting HS?

Comment

It's starting on startup of Windows

Comment

has this been figured out?

I have a QNAP NAS that I want to save my BLBackups to. I have tried as a mapped drive but it says Backup folder does not exist. I wonder if it has something to do with needing a username and password.

Thanks
        Jim

Comment

I've found that Windows will "soft" disconnect mapped drives so I run a batch file before I have HS (or one of its plugins) try to use a mapped drive. The batch file is just something like this and is called from an event:

Code:
          net use t: \\server\share
          t:
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I've found that Windows will "soft" disconnect mapped drives so I run a batch file before I have HS (or one of its plugins) try to use a mapped drive. The batch file is just something like this and is called from an event:

Code:
            net use t: \\server\share
            t:
            How do I run the batch file from an Event?

Thanks
            Jim

Comment

Event action : run program

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                Event action : run program
                Still don't wok. Ill just keep using Onedrive.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
                  I would like BLBackup to backup my Homeseer directory onto a server that I have on the network. That server is protected by domain credentials, so I created a mapped network drive (e.g. Z:\) on the Homeseer Hometroller that had the credentials baked in. When I navigate to the drive in Windows on the hometroller, it works fine. So the share and mapped drive are set up properly.

But BLBackup doesn't seem to work with this. It won't accept the drive as a destination.

Bug?
                  The following only applies if you are using windows 7 as a host for HS3. (Not sure about Windows 8).
                  HS3 runs as an elevated app.

This behaviour is documented by Microsoft

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...when-uac-is-co

I used the registry edit method at the end of the article and now all the shares are seen by my elevated applications including HS3.

Comment

Sorry to bump.

I'm having the same issue. HS on a win10 p want to save to a network drive ( which exists ) just get "Backup folder does not exist". Tried various other ways to do it; no joy

Comment

I am using Windows 10 Pro and HS3 and I backup all of my folders in BLBackup to a network drive using a UNC path
                      I even backup folders from other machines on my network using the UNC path
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        I am using Windows 10 Pro and HS3 and I backup all of my folders in BLBackup to a network drive using a UNC path
                        I even backup folders from other machines on my network using the UNC path
                        Yeah I tried that

\\networknas\backup etc.

Tried differing the slashes or adding to the end no joy .

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

Yeah I tried that

\\networknas\backup etc.

Tried differing the slashes or adding to the end no joy .
                          Did you try that path while logged into the Windows account that's running HS3 and the plugin?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I am using backup paths such as this with no issues

\\Tower\disk1\Backups\SystemBackups
                            \\OFFICE\F$\BladeWebSite\BladePlugins
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I am using BLBackup to backup my HS4 system to a networked drive using a mapped drive letter.

Comment

Have you tried this:
                                1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
                                2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System
                                3. If the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy registry entry does not exist, follow these steps:
                                  1. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
                                  2. Type LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then press ENTER.
                                4. Right-click LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and then click Modify.
                                5. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
                                6. Exit Registry Editor.
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X