Comprehensive Setup Instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comprehensive Setup Instructions?

Do comprehensive set up instructions exist for BLBackup? I am "trial and error" trying to understand the relationship between the several locations where info is to be entered for target directory, destination directory and backup type. Is a virtual device and device number necessary? If I set up events to run on Monday and Thursday, do I set up the same "frequency" in the BL plug in? The help files are not very helpful and I have not yet identified a complete thread.

All I want to do is backup my HS3 directory twice a week: on Monday to C drive and Thursday to N drive. I want a full directory created and I want a confirmation email.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

I have the same question. Mine is even simpler. Just one backup per week, to one location.

Just like many plugins and features of Homeseer, there's always a whole bunch of people who know how to do it, but no one really gives a comprehensive explanation.

Comment

I ended up going to Blade’s website and asking the question on his help desk. Blade is always good about responding quickly and he got me oriented. I love the app; it has worked flawlessly for almost a year.
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Good to know. I'll head over there.

Comment

Blade is there any way you could post instruction in the HS forum for this plugin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The basic function of the plugin is to backup whatever directories you enter into the plugin

Once you have the directories entered into the plugin, you can then create events to backup those directories or you can do what I do and just have one event that backs up all directories every night and saves multiple days worth of backups. You can specify how many to keep for each directory.

In the event, if you specify the directory to backup then only that directory will be backed up. If you select None for directory then it will backup all directories
            In the event action you can override the destination. If you leave the destination blank then it will use the destination from the options page

I have attached what mine looks like
            Attached Files
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

When you say ‘’all directories’’ what does that mean exactly? all hs directories ? Or all the directories on the hard drive?

Comment

It means all directories you have added to BLBackup
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Ha thanks !

Comment

Working...
                  X