Problem with backiup0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with backiup0

Getting error message saying backup directory is not accessiblel I was using a mapped network drive which I can access from the HS computer. I changed it to a OneDrive folder and got the same message. How can I fix this. I don't want to back up just to the drive on the HS computer.

I had to use the unc path to get it to work, rather than the mapped drive name.....

try

\\computername\path\path
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Doesn't work for me. Can't backup to network drive or onedrive-only local drive

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
        Doesn't work for me. Can't backup to network drive or onedrive-only local drive
        The attached image works for me............

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
        BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
        DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Can't backup to network drive or onedrive-only local drive
          From a Windows file system perspective, isn't OneDrive a local drive?

Remember that remote filesystems are accessed under the context of the account and that account's permissions to the file share. When you say "I" above, is your account that has demonstrated correct permissions and access the same as the account that actually is running the hs3 executable? They aren't necessarily the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

From a Windows file system perspective, isn't OneDrive a local drive?

Remember that remote filesystems are accessed under the context of the account and that account's permissions to the file share. When you say "I" above, is your account that has demonstrated correct permissions and access the same as the account that actually is running the hs3 executable? They aren't necessarily the same.
            Don't understand the question.

Comment

Still haven't gotten it to work. Now I get "Backup folder does not exist!"
              Get this message for network drive, onedrive, a usb drive. The only drive that works is the local HS and it doesn't seem to me to be much use to back it up there.

Comment

Still haven't gotten it to work. Now I get "Backup folder does not exist!"
                Get this message for network drive, onedrive, a usb drive. The only drive that works is the local HS and it doesn't seem to me to be much use to back it up there.
                Did you get your Back up working? I am running HS4 and I Backup to a flashdrive in my HS4 laptop. I did try a network drive but I don't think I ever got it to work.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1430359

Comment

Working...
                X