Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup takes a lot of time

Hi,

Since a couple of days the backup takes a lot of time to complete.
    Normal it was 1 minute, but the last days it takes 2,5 hours.
    I have checked what was change and the only thing is that i have a virusscanner installed.
    Could that be a problem?
    Running BLBackup 2.0.14.0 on HS3

Could be.

My desktop Malware program and AV appear to scan everything in or out or used. (still also run AV on the PFSense firewall).

Test it. Shut it off for a day or two.

Here on the Homeseer servers run antimalware but no AV. They only function to serve up Homeseer. They are on a KVM and sitting in the abyss of the subterranean structure under my home called the basement on a rack. (well today two racks).

I don't pay attention to the timeframe of the backups only copying the Homeseer directory and doing maybe one image snapshot once every couple of weeks and that all happens at 3 AM in the morning.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

It doesn't have anything to do with the recent windows updates, at least not for Server 2008 R2, because my nightly backup took about 3 minutes this morning. I know it's not really helpful but you can rule that out at least.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I shut down my antivirus and let BLBackup make a backup from my HS3 folder.
        It was again only 1 minute, so the problem is the AV.
        I had these problems not with my HS2 setup, I only run a newer version of the AV.

Comment

Good news Antoon.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU - Mono 6.4X
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.534 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.4X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
          X