Is event needed for weekly backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is event needed for weekly backup

The plug-in has the option of setting the frequency of the backup. Say I want weekly backups. After setting in the plug-in, say, weekly on Sunday , am I done
    , or do I need to create an event to run the backup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I do it from an event. It runs every morning at 3:00 AM and before I install an update I run it manually.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Makes sense, but then what frequency do you choose in plug in? Once only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Interesting. I set this up a year ago and simply forgot about it so I didn't remember the frequency part. Inspection shows that I have daily selected. I'm honestly not sure what that even means. The only backups I see are the ones created every day at 3:00 AM. The help page isn't too helpful in this respect is it?

Comment

I *think* that this entry "daily" specifies what sub-file the backup will be stored in... Daily would indicate C:\backups\daily when c:\backups is specified as the target address.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
            I *think* that this entry "daily" specifies what sub-file the backup will be stored in... Daily would indicate C:\backups\daily when c:\backups is specified as the target address.

Chris
            This is absolutely correct! Thanks for clearing this up for us.

Comment

Working...
            X