Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up multiple folders

Blade,

First off thanks for creating this plugin and especially making it free. I setup 3 different directories to be backed up and I specified 3 different destination folders, one for each. If I setup an event for any one of them and run it manually it will work as expected and place the backup files in the specified destination folder. However if I create an event that says to backup all the folders by choosing None in the drop down it backs up all 3 to the same folder. It apparently takes the first folder in the directory list and uses that for all the rest. Is this the expected behavior? I would expect it to store the files for each directory in the destination folder for each. I am using HS3 3.0.0.171 on a Hometroller S6 with Windows 7 embedded.

Thanks
    Attached Files

What backup format did you choose. Looks like you chose Zip - there is a folder option too
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      What backup format did you choose. Looks like you chose Zip - there is a folder option too
      Yes but the other option (Folders) just creates a folder for each backup instead of a Zip file but still places them in the same destination folder as shown below. The yellow are the folders and the Orange are the zips but all of them are in the same sub folder which is tied to the 1st (Homeseer) backup destination and ignores the other 2. You can see from the 2nd screen shot that all 3 backup directories have a different destination folder set but it only uses the first one for all 3.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah ok I got it.
        I will check that tonight.
        I am in the process of converting BLBackup to work in Linux as well

Can u log a help desk ticket on my web site to remind me?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
          Yes but the other option (Folders) just creates a folder for each backup instead of a Zip file but still places them in the same destination folder as shown below. The yellow are the folders and the Orange are the zips but all of them are in the same sub folder which is tied to the 1st (Homeseer) backup destination and ignores the other 2. You can see from the 2nd screen shot that all 3 backup directories have a different destination folder set but it only uses the first one for all 3.
          I just did some testing on mine and the directories specified in the configuration page are honored as long as you leave the destination directory blank in the event. If you enter a destination directory in the event, it overrides the one specified in the configuration page.

What destination directories do you have specified in the events calling the backup action?
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            What destination directories do you have specified in the events calling the backup action?
            It is blank. My first post shows the event and as you can see the destination textbox is empty.

Comment

OK Randy got me thinking that maybe there was something in the destination folder that I couldn't see in the event so I deleted the event and created a brand new one. I set a time and said to start the backup with the default of NONE in the drop down. I didn't even open it. However when I ran that event manually the logs said the backup ran but no files were backed up. If I changed the drop down from NONE to a specific directory it backed up only that directory and to the proper place just fine. However if I changed it back to NONE it went back to my original behavior which is to backup up all 3 to the 1st destination folder. So it seems the default value for the dropdown of the directories does not set something properly. I will file a bug after my conference call which I should get back to

Comment

OK Randy got me thinking that maybe there was something in the destination folder that I couldn't see in the event so I deleted the event and created a brand new one. I set a time and said to start the backup with the default of NONE in the drop down. I didn't even open it. However when I ran that event manually the logs said the backup ran but no files were backed up. If I changed the drop down from NONE to a specific directory it backed up only that directory and to the proper place just fine. However if I changed it back to NONE it went back to my original behavior which is to backup up all 3 to the 1st destination folder. So it seems the default value for the dropdown of the directories does not set something properly. I will file a bug after my conference call which I should get back to
                That's odd. In the attachment below two of the backups in the config directory were created using the path in the configuration page - the third one was created by specifying it in the event. The one in the folder "test" was created by specifying the path in the event, though the configuration page shows it as going to the config directory. So mine is working as expected.

The Daily folder which I did not expand contains all my current backups, so it is quite full.

I did file a feature request to allow specifying that the same source folder could have events created with daily, weekly or monthly rules, which you cannot do currently.
                Attached Files
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

Comment

OK I found another clue. In the log I get a message stating that the StartBackup could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete. However the backups do occur they just all go to the one folder. Does anyone know which configuration this message may be referring to? Is it the Event in HS3 or something in BLBackup? The event criteria is complete as far as I can tell and so is all the BLBackup. I don't have a status device code/Ref filled in because I have no clue what it is but I can't believe that is required. Any clues?
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK I found another clue. In the log I get a message stating that the StartBackup could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete. However the backups do occur they just all go to the one folder. Does anyone know which configuration this message may be referring to? Is it the Event in HS3 or something in BLBackup? The event criteria is complete as far as I can tell and so is all the BLBackup. I don't have a status device code/Ref filled in because I have no clue what it is but I can't believe that is required. Any clues?
                    One thing I see that is a little confusing, do you actually have these three directories?
                    • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\
                    • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\
                    • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSTouch\
                    Because all of my HomeSeer is under C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\. If all of those are not correct directories they would represent a configuration error. I realize that the configuration page is not supposed to let you create a configuration for a directory that doesn't exist, but the names look odd.

Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      One thing I see that is a little confusing, do you actually have these three directories?
                      • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\
                      • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\
                      • C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSTouch\
                      Because all of my HomeSeer is under C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\. If all of those are not correct directories they would represent a configuration error.
                      Those 3 directories were created using the defaults when they were installed as far as I remember. I try not to change anything like that because I don't know what is required and what not. The HomeSeer directory has voices which aren't being used right now and the HSTouch is obviously for that only and it seems to work fine. Everything else is in the HS3 folder.

Comment

Working...
                      X