Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNC / Mapped drive - won't work as destination folder :(

Hello,

I wanted to set the destination to a network path (raid drive)... but either as a mapped drive (Z:\) or the full UNC path, I can't the plugin to accept it. It throws an error "destination doesn't exist".

But meanwhile, I have an explorer windows opened there without issue.

Any work-arounds for this?

thanks!
    Dave

I'm having similar issues using either a mapped drive or a UNC path and my backup keeps failing. Could it be a permissions issue? What user does the plugin run as?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Before migrating from Win7 to Win10 backup ran without problems. After the upgrade it I have the same isuues as described in the previous posts.
      Seems it may have to do with the permissions. What user is executing the HS-Plugin? Other than the user that is logged in to windows?

In my setup I'm using a mapped network drive which is located on a linux-based NAS (QNAP). I'm on HS3.

Comment

It is running as the user logged into the machine. Looks like something with permissions in windows 10.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Known Win 10 bug. Check this out http://community.netapp.com/t5/Netwo...FS/td-p/108185 especially last post.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by hadyos; December 28, 2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

In my case, it's Win 7 Pro.

I turned off UAC and gave the HSPI_BLbackup.exe admin privledge.

Although the mapped drive letter still doesn't work, I can use UNC.

haven't had time to fully test, but it's an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by hadyos View Post
              Known Win 10 bug. Check this out http://community.netapp.com/t5/Netwo...FS/td-p/108185 especially last post.
              Tried that, and it made things worse: the network drive was not recognised at all, even not when addressed directly through the UNC path. I had to change back to the previous settings.

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
                In my case, it's Win 7 Pro.

I turned off UAC and gave the HSPI_BLbackup.exe admin privledge.

Although the mapped drive letter still doesn't work, I can use UNC.

haven't had time to fully test, but it's an improvement.
                FYI, tried a few backups, all seems ok for me. Although it might be a good addition to allow an option to the path for "log on as another user... "

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
                  FYI, tried a few backups, all seems ok for me. Although it might be a good addition to allow an option to the path for "log on as another user... "
                  Works for me too, thanks! A sufficient solution for the time being. Now got to work on Win10 to get all the permissions correct again.

Comment

Working...
                  X