BLBackup Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLBackup Linux

Does this plugin work on HS3 Linux. Plugin can't find the HS Data and config files that are in the download folder.

I have run it in Linux before and it worked fine
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The problem I am having is I run a backup on the setup tab and HS3 puts a copy of that backup in my download folder. When I enter the directory information I get a message that backups can't be found. I guess I must be missing something about what to enter where the backups can be found.

Comment

On the options page in the plugin you can specify the destination folder
        When you create an event you can also specify the destination. This will override the one on the options page

Show me the directory you setup for backup and a screenshot of your options page
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Attached images

I always get "Backup folder does not exist"
          Attached Files

Comment

You need to specify a Linux path. F:\ is a windows path
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I have no idea what the Linux path is on my Troller ZEE S2.

Comment

It expects a Linux path

For example:

/local/bin/homeseer/backups

This is just an example
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I found the files at " /local/bin/homeseer/configbackup" but I get a message that this is not a directory. The only way I can get to these files is using WINSCP. Thank you taking the time to help me.

Comment

I setup the folder to be backed up. I would like to have the destination folder to be F:/Homeseer Backup. Will not let me set that folder. See attached image.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You cannot use a Windows folder location in Linux unless you have a samba share to windows or something and you use the share name. No idea how to set that up
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ralnet View Post
                        I setup the folder to be backed up. I would like to have the destination folder to be F:/Homeseer Backup. Will not let me set that folder. See attached image.
                        It looks like you are trying to save the backups on a Windows machine, or at least a location mapped from a Windows machine. As the Zee2 is a separate machine you cannot map directly to the Windows drive letter on the PC. You would need to mount the same location that the F: drive on Windows is mounted to, on the Zee 2. This isn't especially easy to do if you are a Unix rookie, but can be achieved by creating permanent mounts in /etc/fstab. Permissions can be an issue also between the OSes and seems to have become more troublesome with Windows 10.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

I'm currently also looking for a good solution to backup to a nas, windows machine or something else off the SD card of the pi. I'm afraid if the SD card takes a dive I don't want my backups to be on that same SD card.

Anyone Come-up with a good solution?

Comment

Google "raspberry pi samba". Here is one result that looks promising:
                            http://raspberrypihq.com/how-to-shar...-raspberry-pi/

Samba allows UNIX/Linux machines to "talk" PC file sharing language. I set up a Samba server on a SUN Solaris server, probably about 20 yrs ago. Before that, admins were installing an NFS client on each PC that wanted to access the files on the server, and having all sorts of problems. (NFS is the UNIX file sharing language). With one install of Samba on the server, all that went away and everything ran much smoother!

Comment

Another, admittedly low-tech (but simple) solution is a USB flash drive. My BLBackup destination for my Hometroller S6 is this:
                              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                              X