Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU monitoring problems

Hi Blade,
    I've discovered a few problems with the PI, as I have an event currently set to "if HS3.exe is greater than 97% over 10 minutes, restart homeseer".

I kept seeing this trigger more and more, so periodically checked the history of the process - one time it kicked a restart off while viewing the history, yet task manager and the history itself were not above 50% at the time - nominally, if I watch the process, the total CPU is around 30%.

So, the problem is twofold:
    one - the CPU reported for HS3.exe is not accurate. Indeed, here's something which is really odd from history:
    24/10/2019 08:58:55 119.82%
    Two - the triggering part (trigger if above x% for y minutes) is not working either - I've seen the event trigger when total, not HS3.exe usage, CPU spiked for one sample.

I'm thinking the PI is summing up all the child processes somehow incorrectly, so is triggering all the time.

PI version is 2.0.10.0

Bump

Comment

Guess there was another forum issue, or post was removed for violating forum rules, but this was answered before with the recommendation to try one of the CPU monitor plugins available or go scripting route.

To fix it for BLCpuAdvisor plug-in you might need to provide more feedback as to what your HomeSeer system is doing.

Are you able to run Linux htop or Windows HwMonitor type of tools to monitor CPU usage on the HomeSeer box to cross-correlate that to the BLCpuAdvisor values?

Developer might also be busy on HS4 and not have much time or focus to fix HS3 plugins, or respond in a timely fashion, so allow enough time after you provided additional info.

Comment

Also, Blade has his own help desk, so log the issue there.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
          Guess there was another forum issue, or post was removed for violating forum rules, but this was answered before with the recommendation to try one of the CPU monitor plugins available or go scripting route.

To fix it for BLCpuAdvisor plug-in you might need to provide more feedback as to what your HomeSeer system is doing.

Are you able to run Linux htop or Windows HwMonitor type of tools to monitor CPU usage on the HomeSeer box to cross-correlate that to the BLCpuAdvisor values?

Developer might also be busy on HS4 and not have much time or focus to fix HS3 plugins, or respond in a timely fashion, so allow enough time after you provided additional info.
          The PI is really basic and maps a device to a process - there is not much to actually configure or test. All the questions you've asked are already answered in my first post.
          As for being patient, I'm hardly flooding the place with posts.

Sparkman, thanks for reminding me on Blade's help desk, much more helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X