Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Version

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HS3 Version

    I am having a problem with the HS3 version.

    1. Of the 6 processes I have configured, it can see 3 are running, and it misreports the other 3 valid processes as not running (and no PID shown)

    2. when I try and set an event trigger, it only allows CPU as the criterion and it will not accept any application in the drop down box - it just says Application (not set); if I try and set it to one of the listed applications, the name appears briefly and then drops back to (not set).

    Can anyone suggest what the issue is please?

    Simon

  • #2
    Log a help desk ticket on my web site and capture a debug log in the plugin of this happening.
    Go to the options page and turn on debug logging, capture the issue, then disable debug logging. Then attach the BLCpuAdvisor-Detailed.log file to this ticket ZIPPED.
    Thanks
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

    Comment


    • #3
      I looked at the log file myself before wasting your time and found the issue.

      I had set up one application with a virtual device code where I assumed you expected the old hcdc.

      you are clearly expecting the new all numeric device identifier because the plugin stops processing all subsequent devices (hence the non running message) with a format error trying to put hcdc into a numeric field.

      as soon as I removed the device code all processes correctly show as running.

      Simon

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad you found it.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

        Comment


        • #5
          I now find there are two things which are probably understanding issues for me - any advice welcome.

          1. what is the virtual device code meant to be? I set up a virtual device in HS3, and used its 4 digit code from the advanced tab of the device properties, and the Plugin rejected it as a non existent device

          2. I can't get event setup to work. it only offers me CPU triggers from the trigger type, and as soon as I try to edit that to specify which application and which trigger, each of those fields briefly shows something and then flips back to showing Not Set.

          Simon

          Comment


          • #6
            The virtual device should be the device code or address of the device.
            If you setup a device code of V1 then that is what you would enter for the virtual device code.
            The number you are talking about is the device reference number
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

            Comment


            • #7
              sadly if I use an old style code (I had previously tried B1 as the device code, having set up a device in HS3 with the hc dc set to B1), then the plugin fails with an error in its diagnostic log that B1 cannot be converted to numeric.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ah ok then there is an issue in the plugin. Put in a help desk ticket on my site about this issue and I will fix it as soon as I get home today from work.
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bob

                  thank you - will do - happy to beta test any changes.

                  I have only ever looked on the HS message board. where do I find your own site please and i'll log the issue

                  simon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In my signature is everything you need
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oops! so well tuned to focusing on the core message I missed the helpful data

                      thank you

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        registered on site, entered all the information for a new ticket, and the website keeps returning an error. not my day!

                        the error is

                        An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.
                        If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.

                        May I post the 3 issues now identified here or is there somewhere I can email them to you?

                        Simon

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Very odd. It seems to be up and running.
                          Email me the issue directly for now
                          Cheers,
                          Bob
                          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            after waiting an hour and trying again it let me post! Ticket now raised.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK I will check it as soon as I get home. Should be an easy fix
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X