Speak Calendar Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak Calendar Events

Is there a way to have HS speak calendar events for the current day to a specific client?

Bump

Comment

You could use a Homeseer command as part of a handler in the plugin

HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~OFFICE:MAIN]
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade,

That is like speaking spanish to me.... LOL I need more detail than that... LOL

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        You could use a Homeseer command as part of a handler in the plugin

HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~OFFICE:MAIN]

Comment

Sorry, I thought you were already using the plugin and was just looking for a way to speak to a client in a handler

For example,

Create an event in your calendar
          In the event description you would enter HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~OFFICE:MAIN]
          This will tell the plugin to run the HS command to speak "This is a test" to the OFFICE:MAIN client when the event triggers in your calendar.

This is a simple example. Does that help?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Sorry, I thought you were already using the plugin and was just looking for a way to speak to a client in a handler

For example,

Create an event in your calendar
            In the event description you would enter HS[SpeakClient~This is a test~OFFICE:MAIN]
            This will tell the plugin to run the HS command to speak "This is a test" to the OFFICE:MAIN client when the event triggers in your calendar.

This is a simple example. Does that help?
            I understood that part but I'm trying to do is......
            Have it say at 6am every morning (later I'm going to very that weekday vs. weekend vs. holiday or day off of work) what ever is on the calendar for today. So if I have a meeting at am and a baseball game to attend at 5pm I would like those read to me in morning when I get up.

Ideally this would be in an event to have my own triggers of motion and such to determine I'm up and ready for a morning message.

Comment

Bob,

I support this request, did put in a helpdesk ticket on this 2 years ago, never got a response, but i do think it would still be very usefull

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                I understood that part but I'm trying to do is......
                Have it say at 6am every morning (later I'm going to very that weekday vs. weekend vs. holiday or day off of work) what ever is on the calendar for today. So if I have a meeting at am and a baseball game to attend at 5pm I would like those read to me in morning when I get up.

Ideally this would be in an event to have my own triggers of motion and such to determine I'm up and ready for a morning message.
                Ah now I see what you are want to do.
                I have an issue with the plugin right now that I am working on fixing first before I can even think about any feature requests. This one would take some work to pull off
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Ah now I see what you are want to do.
                  I have an issue with the plugin right now that I am working on fixing first before I can even think about any feature requests. This one would take some work to pull off
                  Thanks for the replay. I'm sure my trial will expire before this is working.

I saw some people in the past were using RSS feed out of the google Calendar into an RSS feed plugin and being able to read it in the AM threw HS3. But after working on that I learned google Calendar stopped the XML RSS feed function around a year ago. So I really thought this plugin would fill that gap.

I'm open for other ideas also.

Comment

I will get you a new trial if you need it so that you can continue testing
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I will get you a new trial if you need it so that you can continue testing
                      Cool, If the update allows it to read my google calendar and the current trail I just started is expired at that time I might need to take you up on that offer.

Thanks,
                      JIM

Comment

Hey jim. Can't remember but think you have alexa/echo. They link to calendar now if that's an option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                          Hey jim. Can't remember but think you have alexa/echo. They link to calendar now if that's an option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                          Thanks,

I do have echos. I'll look into that.

Comment

Bob (Blade), I recently migrated from VERA platform to HS3 platform with encouragement for @integlikewhoa . The one plugin/app that seems to be missing is a way to interface with a google calendar and to be able to; 1. speak via SONOs the events for the day 2. be able to parse events for user selected word(s).

I typically have a family morning announcement that basically make an announcement sound via a mp3 file followed with an announcement greeting the family with today's date, time, Current Weather and Temp, forecast weather and today's calendar events. Why Google Calendar well it's easy to get access for family members as they can review current/future events and can input their activities. As google has recently changed (earlier this year) their google calendar access mechanism, I see that you've already addressed it within DLData procedure.

Not only did I use the event to speak but I was able to parse today's event for key words e.g. "Holiday" or "No School" and create events that would trigger off these parsed words. I noticed in an earlier post that you are working on something any way to become beta tester ? Mike
                            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Speak Calendar Events

@MNB I am also a recent convert from Vera and I use Blade's BLGData plugin to trigger Homeseer events from Google Calendar events.

In the BLGData plugin you setup the Google User account with the calendar you want to access and create Handlers that trigger the Events based on the keywords in your calendar events (not unlike the CGal3 plugin on Vera, but better).

It can trigger different Homeseer events at the start and end of a google calendar event, with offset times and it handles overlapping google calendar events too. Great plugin and too notch support.

For example, I have a handler setup for the keyword Vacation that runs my "Vacation Mode On" Homeseer Event when a google calendar event called Vacation starts, and runs my "Vacation Mode Off" Homeseer Event when that google calendar event ends. I have another handler setup that runs my "Wake" Homeseer event when a "Wake" google calendar event starts and another Handler that runs my "Heat Up Bathroom" Homeseer event 30 minutes before my "Wake" google calendar event starts.

Comment

Working...
                              X