Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarify: Handler TEST Button

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clarify: Handler TEST Button

    Does the test button next to the handler fire the command stack on that handler, ignoring the actual Event criteria requirements itself? I checked the docs and it wasn't explained.

  • #2
    Anyone?

    Comment


    • #3
      I will confirm for you and let you know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you Bob!

        Comment


        • #5
          The test should fire the handler to test out the commands
          Let me know if you do not see this happen
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blade View Post
            The test should fire the handler to test out the commands
            Let me know if you do not see this happen
            Bob, unfortunately it is not firing the event that I am calling via RunEvent per the BLGData plug documentation.

            I tried several different trigger types just to double check, with one being:

            HS[ControlDevice~Ceiling Lights (Z)~Off]

            No dice on any of them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fksk View Post
              Bob, unfortunately it is not firing the event that I am calling via RunEvent per the BLGData plug documentation.

              I tried several different trigger types just to double check, with one being:

              HS[ControlDevice~Ceiling Lights (Z)~Off]

              No dice on any of them.
              Bob?

              Comment


              • #8
                The test button should fire the commands associated with the handler
                It will not take into account any offsets defined in the handler
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  The test button should fire the commands associated with the handler
                  It will not take into account any offsets defined in the handler
                  Bob, unfortunately it is not firing the event that I am calling via RunEvent per the BLGData plug documentation.

                  I also tried several different trigger types (events, device commands, etc) just to double check, with one being (as a pure example):

                  HS[ControlDevice~Main Ceiling Lights~Off]

                  No dice on any of them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I will need a debug log of this

                    1. Turn on debug logging in the plugin
                    2. Run the test for the handler
                    3. Turn off debug logging

                    Attach the BLGData-Detailed.log zipped so I can see it
                    It is in the HS3 root folder
                    Maybe also a screenshot of the handler
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      I will need a debug log of this

                      1. Turn on debug logging in the plugin
                      2. Run the test for the handler
                      3. Turn off debug logging

                      Attach the BLGData-Detailed.log zipped so I can see it
                      It is in the HS3 root folder
                      Maybe also a screenshot of the handler
                      Bob,

                      Done. I'm gonna IM you the Dropbox link to the log file.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What kind of machine are you running HS3 on?
                        I do not see some threads running in your debug log
                        I have seen this on another users machine that was running a slower machine
                        He has since upgraded and no longer has the issue

                        Let me know what you are running on?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X