Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for overlapping or adjacent events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    In the event name of description you can use this format to have it trigger a handler
    I am not sure why anyone would want to do this - let me know what you are thinking
    The only reason why I wanted this was because I had trouble getting adjacent events from multiple calendars to work correctly. I had to create a separate calendar and create a separate event that spanned across all the adjacent events which in turns brings me to the original problem:

I ran a test last night with the following adjacent events in one calendar (TESTINGS)

EventName Start Date/Time End Date/Time
    TEST2 17.10.2018 00:00:00 17.10.2018 01:00:00
    TEST3 17.10.2018 01:00:00 17.10.2018 02:00:00
    TEST4 17.10.2018 02:00:00 17.10.2018 03:00:00

The handler that I used looks like this:

Trigger: TEST
    Calendar selected: "TESTINGS"
    Regular expression: No
    Offset before: 15 minutes
    Offset after: 15 minutes
    Calendars selected: Yes
    Use End time: Yes
    Execute Commands at Start Time: No

The events before and after was executed according to the settings in the handler at the time they should:

okt-16 23:45:03 Info BLGData Event start TEST2 - OK
    okt-17 00:44:33 Info BLGData Event start TEST3 - OK
    okt-17 01:14:55 Info BLGData Event end TEST2 - NOT OK - this event will trigger the after command in the period for TEST3 01:00-02:00
    okt-17 01:44:44 Info BLGData Event start TEST4 - OK
    okt-17 02:14:57 Info BLGData Event end TEST3 - NOT OK - this event will trigger the after command in the period for TEST4 02:00-03:00
    okt-17 03:14:47 Info BLGData Event end TEST4 - OK

As you can see the problem here is really the After commands triggered by the End time in the event. Because of the offset values, the end time will be inside the active time for another event. We are using another embedded system for controlling lights for our indoor Tennis Courts. This system is also controlled by separate Google Calendars (one for each court). If there are adjacent events the software in the controller will merge all the adjacent events into one to avoid the offset end time (5 mins. before and after) to interfere into another adjacent event.

The first attachment (black) shows how the 3 adjacent events today from 1600-1900 hrs has been merged into one event to avoid problems with the offset time by the embedded system controlling the lights based on events from a Google Calendar. The other attachment shows the events in the Google Calendar
    Attached Files

Comment

OK I see how that could cause issues because of the before and after offsets
      You are using the same handler for all 3 events so it is going to execute the same before and after handler commands for each event that triggers it

If I look at the end of TEST2 the time it ran is correct (01:14:55)

okt-17 01:14:55 Info BLGData Event end TEST2 - NOT OK - this event will trigger the after command in the period for TEST3 01:00-02:00

If I look at the end of TEST3 the time it ran is correct (02:14:57)

okt-17 02:14:57 Info BLGData Event end TEST3 - NOT OK - this event will trigger the after command in the period for TEST4 02:00-03:00

Can you tell me exactly how you expect this to work? I need to know exactly what you think should be happening

Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Can you tell me exactly how you expect this to work? I need to know exactly what you think should be happening
        I would like the handler to check if there are events that overlap causing a conflict because of x offset value(s). If true, the after command shall not be executed. It would also be nice to have a logic for not executing the before commands, but this can be avoided by creating a virtual device in HS and have the event check this value before executing the event. Please let me know if you need more information.

Comment

OK that will take me some work to plan it out and I am slammed right now at work.
          I will do my best to get to it as soon as I can
          Can you log a help desk ticket on my web site for this so I can track it - sometimes I lose track of issues on the HS forums
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Done. (request #617) Excellent support as always Blade :-)

Comment

OK that will take me some work to plan it out and I am slammed right now at work. I will do my best to get to it as soon as I can
              Can you confirm that this feature request is something that you will be able to do before April 2019? The reason why I am asking is that I am in the process of approving the purchase of 2 industrial grade electromagnetic locks that will cost approx USD 500,- The locks will be controlled by HS and BLGData and depends on this new feature being developed. So as you probably understand, I need some kind of "assurance" that this is doable.

Comment

I should have a little time this weekend to look into it
                I need to investigate it and see if this it is easily done or will take me some time to do
                I will let u know ASAP
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Did you get a chance to look at this Blade ?

Comment

I am sorry I did not
                    This week is real bad because we are deploying a big change starting tomorrow and it will last into early next week
                    Please remind me mid next week - if I do get some spare cycles this weekend I will try and look at this
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Please remind me mid next week - if I do get some spare cycles this weekend I will try and look at this
                      No worries, will do!

Comment

Blade reminder

Comment

I have not forgot - just dealing with the after effects of a large deployment - should be able to look into this towards the weekend
                          I am sure I can find a way to get this done but will have a look into it
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I am sure I can find a way to get this done but will have a look into it
                            Perfect! I'm not a software developer per se, but I think in order to include this functionality you need to do some sort of check for the complete day instead of just checking from (now) and in the future to be able to check if there are conflicts.

Comment

Working...
                            X