X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Is this the right address,

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/helpdesk/Login.asp

I keep getting this page can't be displayed, so can't post the debug log. And don't really want to post it to the forum lol given the contact information in it.

I can email it if you want, but when i looked at the log I saw nothing about handlers. It is almost as if the handlers are just not triggering at all, either through the test feature, or the calendar itself.

Thanks
    The site should be working. I just logged into it.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion for testing SMS. +1 and my number worked. Now I guess we need a event action? Might be cool to have a trigger too--SMS HS3 to do something much like you can e-mail HS3 as a trigger.
      Are you saying that the SMS sent ok from the plugin?
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Any interest in Google+ in the plugin?
        What would you be looking for?
        Not too elaborate
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Regarding SMS, I did verify that you can send an SMS via an account that does not have two step authentication turned on. An account with two step turned on does not work. Not a show stopper in my case, as I have a secondary account to use.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Good news!

I will add more functionality for Google voice then

What more do you want to do with Voice?
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

You've already added a script command to send an SMS, which I was about to test out, so now I'm just dreaming out loud.... Using the account that works, I'm not seeing any SMS messages that are technically in the inbox, and I'm not sure if it's possible to tap into the inbox or not. Now what would be really cool is to get push notifications for an SMS that just arrived, somehow, versus checking repeatedly, but I also realize your limited to whatever the API supplies and I've read the API for Google Voice was really never published so I realize we are limited.

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              Good news!

I will add more functionality for Google voice then

What more do you want to do with Voice?

Comment

I believe I can get the Inbox.
                So when SMS is received in the Inbox you want to be able to do something in HS3?
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Well, I assume if you do something similar to what you did with calendar appointments via a script, and I'm thinking pretty generic, that we ask for SMS messages in the inbox, and you return the SMS messages like you do with the calendar appointments, to where we can loop through them and do what we want. The one difference here though is to figure out if they are new or not, I do not know if there is an 'unread' flag or not that you might get. Likewise, when making the script call, maybe a couple of parameters, say fetch new only, or a specific date to retrieve, which of course could be dangerous if someone does something crazy and has 100's of messages. Also, if there is a way to retrieve only new or unread messages, then figure out a way to mark them as read so they wouldn't be retrieved again.

Now, if the API only allows you to fetch SMS messages with no logic, say by date only, we can accomplish most of this with a script as well, keeping track of date and time stamps.

Comment

I will come up with something
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Let me add though, if you really wanted to trigger an event, based off a new SMS message arriving via some means, and provide some means off fetching that content of that SMS message, say a 'getLastSMS' function or something, that would be cool too. What I'm getting at is, more then likely, the scenario I see is that when a new SMS arrives, we'd probably parse it with a script, and do whatever we want with it at that point. What to do with the text is limited to your imagination at that point.

Comment

Maybe adding a "SMS received" trigger in the plugin in combination with the GetLastSMS call. I will see what can be done
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Doh. I posted a nice reply in other new forum. Looks like it's gone.

Di you ever use the old growl plugin or twitseer? Those both had nice notification routines. It could be cool to use google voice for notifications via sms.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Never used them.
                            What did they allow you to do?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                              Never used them.
                              What did they allow you to do?
                              The growl plugin connected to the growl notification network. The nice feature it had was that from the plugin settings you could specify that HS notifications would go to the growl network.

I think HS2 has several categories of notification, from log entry, to caution, to error. In the growl plugin you could specify for example that errors got sent out.

Twitseer is a plugin written by Moskus for HS2 that had a nice way of creating notification events. He created a bunch of variables, so that in the event action in the tweet body you could specify [time] for example and it would insert the current time, or you could put [device a1] and it would insert the status of device a1.

I hope I'm describing this well. I just remember liking those two things about both of those notification type plugins, and thought it could fit with the sms part of g-voice.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

OK I see... I have a script call in the plugin called "SendSMS", which will send SMS for a specific Google user.
                                The call is like this:

Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("BLGData", "", "SendSMS", New Object(){"me@gmail.com","5551234567","This is a test"})
                                I was thinking I could allow some substitution variables in the SMS text where it would sub in values from HS.

For example:

Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("BLGData", "", "SendSMS", New Object(){"me@gmail.com","5551234567","The value of device A1 is [devicevalue~A1]"})
                                Something like that. I am just throwing it out there.

Let me know what you think
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X