Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to use 'trigger' in handlers

Bob,

I am trying to figure out how or when to use the 'trigger' field in a handler. I was hoping the trigger would be an alternative to use the HSH commands in calendar events, but it seems not to work that way.

Tried all different descriptions in the events name as well as the description field, but it seems I am not able to trigger it based on the trigger field. I am not seeing an explanation in your video as well as your help documentation.

Could you try to clarify the use of this field?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

That will have to wait until I get home so I can verify with the code and get you a proper description
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,

Thanks, no hurry with it I am mainly finding out what I could do with it.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It should work as you expect... Think of "trigger" as a key word that you can use in the title or description of your Google Calendar event. That will trigger the event without having to use the special codes in your calendar entry. But i don't remember if you have to put it in the title or description of the entry.

Comment

That is what I was trying, but maybe I am doing something wrong?
          Full matches do not work, also partly match does not work.

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Put the Handler name within the Event name and it should trigger
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Bob,

That works, but is not what I am trying to do. I am asking about the use of the trigger field in the plugin.

Wim
              Attached Files
              -- Wim

Comment

That is what the trigger phrase is for

Explain what you are wanting to do with it
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

What I am trying to do with that is to have a common handler (like in the sample named Test. Trigger phrase is alarm. I would expect that any calendar appointment with the word alarm anywhere in the subject would trigger the handler. Whatever I try, no go.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

If you set a trigger phrase for a handler to "Alarm" then any calendar event name that contains "Alarm" should run that handler when the event start time matches the current time.

If the event description contains a HS[ or HSH[ string then it will override the trigger phrase
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Bob,

With the above setting I have tested again an appointmeent. No go again....

Wim
                      Attached Files
                      -- Wim

Comment

It should be working.
                        Log a ticket on my site and capture the issue in a debug log and attach it zipped to the ticket
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X