How to deal with saving multiple camera images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to deal with saving multiple camera images

Hi, I have tree camera's sending images when motion detected. The images end up in the same (netcam) directory. The netcam takes 5 images when motion is detected. How to get a copy of each camera's - latest image saved? I tried some settings but can not get this right. I have included a cloud-directory which can be used to save the images. Would be nice to see a pre filled sample from a configuration so I know what to put there. Could not get the help page from the plug-in opened up in my browser for some reason.

This is what I have in my sett-up now:

source folder:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/netcam

destination folder:
    /STACK/net_cam_images

Latest image name:
    CurrentImage.jpg (not sure what name to have here?).

Images have their own names:
    Camera Shed(2018-10-15at14-50-40-281).jpg
    Livingroom IP-CAM(2018-10-17at13-11-16-70.jpg
    Driveway (2018-07-13at14-48-58-954).jpg

What I want is saving the latest images in a directory. Now they are overwritten every time and I will never be able to have a look at them after some time in case It is needed. How to deal with that. Or will it be better having a Backup made with BLBackup every 5 seconds, in order to save all the images in the cloud?

Not a real solution, but I use pushbullet to send me the pictures when triggered. My devices will save each picture. You could always run the pushbullet client on a pc and use it to archive the pictures.

Comment

I have my Hs3 on linux. Where can I find the help files for the plugin? Anyone who has this "backing up" from the latest images working? And willing to share how it is done? Thanks.

Comment

tools--help might have a link

Comment

Still looking for a solution to get the netcam_images images saved. They have to be copied? instantly from the source folder:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/netcam

in to the (external) destination folder:
          /STACK/net_cam_images

Would a Cronjob be a working solution to get this done? Or can I somehow get the LatestImage plugin to do this instead?

Comment

Working...
          X