This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    spud , would you think that this also would work?
    I first tested with one of these, the problem is that this thing is a female DB9 and if you had your betabrite connected to a PC, you usually used a female DB9 connector at the end of the Betabrite cable. So I remember I bought a DB9 male to male adapter, but then the TX/RX connections were reversed. In the end I don't remember if I finally got it to work this way (but in theory, it's possible), and since I wanted to go WiFi only on my betabrite, I didn't need the DB9 connection at all so I bought the max3232 logic level converter without any connector and soldered cables on it (which was a real pain because the converter is really tiny)

Comment

OK, thanks for the input. I got RJ12 to DB9 connectors, so I guess I'll be able to just swap the RX and TX. But I'll get some max3232 logic converts as well to just follow your guide.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
      X