Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iTach model IP2SL-P

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iTach model IP2SL-P

    Has anyone made an iTach model IP2SL-P work with this plugin?
    The GC-100 works great but I cannot make this new POE model work! It is as if some commands get through (a little) - I can send a reset which seems to work but that is it.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Has anyone made an iTach model IP2SL-P work with this plugin?
    The GC-100 works great but I cannot make this new POE model work! It is as if some commands get through (a little) - I can send a reset which seems to work but that is it.
    So I wrote to Global Cache who replied as follows -
    --------------------------
    Thank you for contacting us.Yes, port 4999 still works for the iTach IP2SL/WF2SL. The only API difference for commands is the physical port designation.
    On the GC-100-12, the serial ports could be found as Ports 1 and 2. On the iTach, the physical port is always 1.
    And, always check the baud rate settings.
    --------------------------

    So - I did check the settings in both devices and they were identical. (9600,n,8,1). I used the iTest app they provide and found the new iTach works fine.

    Not sure where to go from here- the plugin definitely works good with the GC-100 I don't think that should be the problem.

    Anyone have a suggestion here? Could it be the BetaBrite sign itself somehow? I have gone to extremes here by always disabling the plugin after changing the IP address from one to the other and restarting HS3 and re-enabling, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference.

    Comment


    • #3
      So I tried different signs with no difference. (I have 4)
      When I click on "Initialize" the display goes dark and never comes back.
      I don't think it can be the plug-in's fault so I will try to get help from Global Cache again. Even though the device passes testing with their tester-app something has to be up with it.

      Comment


      • #4
        How about, "Is anyone successfully using an iTach with this plugin"?

        Comment


        • #5
          I have one with a GC100 and it works fine with that. Are you using a virtual com port to connect to it or using the the ethernet method (ip address pluc tcp port number)?


          Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Sparkman. Yes, IP address and port number. That works fine with GC-100. Its the iTach that isn't working.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Monk View Post
              Hi Sparkman. Yes, IP address and port number. That works fine with GC-100. Its the iTach that isn't working.


              Might be worth trying with a virtual com port driver. I use a free one from Lantronix: https://www.lantronix.com/products/com-port-redirector/


              Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks Sparkman. Those do not work with Global Cache it would seem.

                For some reason I think Blade uses iTach - at least it says the plugin works with iTach in the docs. Or possibly I read that in a post.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Thanks Sparkman. Those do not work with Global Cache it would seem.



                  For some reason I think Blade uses iTach - at least it says the plugin works with iTach in the docs. Or possibly I read that in a post.


                  I've used that software with the GC100. Not sure if it would work with the iTach.


                  Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I use the iTeah IP2SL for my Rain8Net modules for my irrigation with McsSprinkler. Though, I do use a virtual port emulator VSPE and it works great. The IP2SL is connected to eithernet over power line which is in my pool shed/house. I think the VSPE software emulator is your best bet.

                    Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      I use the iTeah IP2SL for my Rain8Net modules for my irrigation with McsSprinkler. Though, I do use a virtual port emulator VSPE and it works great. The IP2SL is connected to eithernet over power line which is in my pool shed/house. I think the VSPE software emulator is your best bet.

                      Robert
                      Thank you Robert. Is the VSPE a free version I can try?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm sure that I got it when I bought my IPS2SL... I'll take a look when I'm home later and let you know what I have.

                        Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Thank you Robert. Is the VSPE a free version I can try?
                          There is a limited free version available. Having said that if the VSPE software works, then so should the Lantronix software which is available for free.

                          Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Monk,

                            Tried to send you a message but you don't have email messaging enabled - I've got the MSI install for VSPE. PM me your address and I'll send you it. It's about 3.5 mb in size.

                            Robert
                            Last edited by langenet; July 10th, 2017, 02:10 PM.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              Monk,

                              Tried to send you a message but you don't have email messaging enabled - I've got the MSI install for VSPE. PM me your address and I'll send you it. It's about 3.5 mb in size.

                              Robert
                              pm sent - also fixed my messaging - thought it was on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X