Non-BetaBrite Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-BetaBrite Signs

Does anyone use a non-betabrite sign? Looks like they have them that program via wi-fi or Bluetooth nowadays.

Blade Now I see they have a USB interface. I'd love to replace my old BetaBrites with something like these. What do ya think?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Scrolling-Dis...NrPXRydWU&th=1

Comment

Last year I did not have success finding a scrolling sign that was real-time programable and built my own. One with two rows and one with four rows with the larger one able to show jpg images. These are described in Section 19.19 of mcsMQTT user manual http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT.pdf. If a commercial product is now available at a consumer price point then this would be the easier road to travel.

Comment

Any idea if this works with the BLLed plugin? I'm about to buy a Betabrite off eBay but I'd rather have one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Any idea if this works with the BLLed plugin? I'm about to buy a Betabrite off eBay but I'd rather have one of these.
            Blade could make it work, were he so motivated. (IMHO)
            How bout it Blade - maybe if you had this sign in hand, you could knock out support for it - paid plugin maybe...

Comment

Note the use instructions from the product listing

"Save the programs to USB flash drive and plug USB flash drive to the LED sign and wait for the LED SIGN to display OK, Then remove USB Flash Drive from LED SIGN, and the program will be broadcast immediately."

It appears to run off of what is stored in USB flash drive. It is not a USB Serial interface for real time change of the content of the sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                Note the use instructions from the product listing

"Save the programs to USB flash drive and plug USB flash drive to the LED sign and wait for the LED SIGN to display OK, Then remove USB Flash Drive from LED SIGN, and the program will be broadcast immediately."

It appears to run off of what is stored in USB flash drive. It is not a USB Serial interface for real time change of the content of the sign.
                Thank you Michael McSharry . Drat!

Comment

Working...
                X