This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLLED is in development

I am currently working on BLLED which will allow interface to BetaBrite signs.

I came across a bunch of betabrites and am selling them. See this thread for details.
    Last edited by Blade; June 1, 2014, 02:55 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Look forward to your plug-in. I have a Beta-Bright Sign. Cheers Gary

Comment

That sounds great. Will be fun to play with.
      And what a good way to create your customer base. Get them the hardware and provide the plugin, which I know will be well supported

Will there be the ability to have the message scroll for a number of times? Like 5 times across the screen
      Or have it scrolled continuously until some other event turns the messaging off?
      As an example: Let's say the laundry is done. Have the message scroll continuously until the light in the laundry room is turned on.
      We may not be right in front of the sign to see it right away, so the reminder will be on until we turn the light on in the laundry room to then blank out the message. I think this would have a good WAF factor and I may get less flack for bringing in these industrial looking signs in the house

Thanks for your efforts
      Last edited by bernieb; May 30, 2014, 01:54 PM. Reason: added question

Comment

Bob,

Over in the script library you will find Snevl_BB, which was my script-based control for the Betabrite (and all of the other Alpha signs). You may want to look at the doc for the protocol I used, which sounds pretty similar to what you are talking about.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
          That sounds great. Will be fun to play with.
          And what a good way to create your customer base. Get them the hardware and provide the plugin, which I know will be well supported

Will there be the ability to have the message scroll for a number of times? Like 5 times across the screen
          Or have it scrolled continuously until some other event turns the messaging off?
          As an example: Let's say the laundry is done. Have the message scroll continuously until the light in the laundry room is turned on.
          We may not be right in front of the sign to see it right away, so the reminder will be on until we turn the light on in the laundry room to then blank out the message. I think this would have a good WAF factor and I may get less flack for bringing in these industrial looking signs in the house

Thanks for your efforts
          All things are possible
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
            Bob,

Over in the script library you will find Snevl_BB, which was my script-based control for the Betabrite (and all of the other Alpha signs). You may want to look at the doc for the protocol I used, which sounds pretty similar to what you are talking about.

Steve
            I have most of the protocol done (mostly)
            Will check it out. Thanks Steve
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I have most of the protocol done (mostly)
              Will check it out. Thanks Steve
              I guess my thought is it may be useful, not so much because of the protocol, but some of the control functions that I added over time. Examples, queuing messages for temporary display for N seconds, using display variables and buffers to turn things on/off during the day, etc.

Steve

Comment

Will definitely check it out.
                Thanks
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I guess my thought is it may be useful, not so much because of the protocol, but some of the control functions that I added over time. Examples, queuing messages for temporary display for N seconds, using display variables and buffers to turn things on/off during the day, etc.

Steve
                  Still learning how these actually work. Trying to figure out how the setting of different messages and queuing works and how to show messages for a specific time.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Blade,

The ability to run multiple signs with different test or run multiple instances of the plug in one for each sign also it would be cool to have event actions that could send "TExt " red based on a HS trigger sent to a specific sign or all signs at once

Cheers Ken
                    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Another thought that I had on this is to be able to run remote instances of the plugin so that the signs could be connected to a different PC on the network and connect to HS it might be easier to setup than really long cable runs

Cheers Ken
                      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Still learning how these actually work. Trying to figure out how the setting of different messages and queuing works and how to show messages for a specific time.
                        For my two signs using Snevl_BB (and I'm sure Bob will have at least as much functionality), I have standard repeating stuff, and then queued messages when things happen. The standard repeating stuff:
                        • Date
                        • Time
                        • Outdoor Temp
                        • Any family birthdays or anniversaries coming up in the next 7 days
                        • If whole-house music is playing, the artist name and song.

Various events cause this standard play to be replaced with a message for some amount of time. These include:
                        • Incoming call Caller ID
                        • Weather alerts
                        • CNN Breaking News
                        • Weather forecast once each morning.

Really, most things that I have a TTS announcement I also put the message up on the sign. It's second nature around here to look at the sign in case it is hard to understand what is being announced.

At first I thought this thing would be so nerdy that my wife would never accept it. She was pretty skeptical, but decided to give me some leash to try things out. I think she figured she would kill it after my thrill wore off. What happened was just the opposite. She really likes the Caller ID, and the reminders of upcoming birthdays.

Like Bob has already mentioned, you can do all sorts of stuff in terms of how the messages scroll or wipe, the colors, etc.

Steve

EDIT: I should mention, that the queuing and timing are not provided by the sign. You'll have to code that. I used self-deleting delayed events to handle the timing, since mine was via a script instead of a plug-in. All that worked fine in HS2, but from what I hear isn't possible from scripts in HS3. Since I'm not ever migrating Snevl_BB to HS3, I'm glad to hear you are doing a plug-in.

Comment

I am starting to understand how things are working now. It is late and my brain is tired so I am likely not going to get anywhere else tonight

Thanks for the explanation
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Looking forward to this (and the hardware).
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

For my two signs using Snevl_BB (and I'm sure Bob will have at least as much functionality), I have standard repeating stuff, and then queued messages when things happen. The standard repeating stuff:
                              • Date
                              • Time
                              • Outdoor Temp
                              • Any family birthdays or anniversaries coming up in the next 7 days
                              • If whole-house music is playing, the artist name and song.

Various events cause this standard play to be replaced with a message for some amount of time. These include:
                              • Incoming call Caller ID
                              • Weather alerts
                              • CNN Breaking News
                              • Weather forecast once each morning.

Really, most things that I have a TTS announcement I also put the message up on the sign. It's second nature around here to look at the sign in case it is hard to understand what is being announced.

At first I thought this thing would be so nerdy that my wife would never accept it. She was pretty skeptical, but decided to give me some leash to try things out. I think she figured she would kill it after my thrill wore off. What happened was just the opposite. She really likes the Caller ID, and the reminders of upcoming birthdays.

Like Bob has already mentioned, you can do all sorts of stuff in terms of how the messages scroll or wipe, the colors, etc.

Steve

EDIT: I should mention, that the queuing and timing are not provided by the sign. You'll have to code that. I used self-deleting delayed events to handle the timing, since mine was via a script instead of a plug-in. All that worked fine in HS2, but from what I hear isn't possible from scripts in HS3. Since I'm not ever migrating Snevl_BB to HS3, I'm glad to hear you are doing a plug-in.
                              These things can be frustrating.
                              Here is what I did:

I set label A to some text
                              I set label B to some text
                              I set label C to some text
                              I then set to sequence to be CB

No matter what I set the sequence to it seems to always just show A

Did you have this issue?
                              I know I am doing something wrong but no idea what right now
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X