Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble with values and strings....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Having trouble with values and strings....

    I am missing something.... Got my device (current temperature), string and label set up like I THINK it should be, but I get NOTHING. "The Current Temperature is : "

    See Pics.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Files
    .

  • #2
    For me, there is some unknown special combination of initializing the device using the sign's INITIALIZE link just below the sign's name in the plugin management page. From there, it needs a soft reset, and maybe something else to set the page sequence if it isn't set already.
    huggy_d1

    Automating made easy

    Comment


    • #3
      Make sure you set the appropriate size of the string label so that the value of the device string will fit in memory. These BB are very sensitive to memory. After you set the memory for the string label you will need to initialize the BB
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

      Comment


      • #4
        Is there an event action to init a sign?
        huggy_d1

        Automating made easy

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
          Is there an event action to init a sign?
          I don't think there is.
          Add a feature request on my site
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blade View Post
            I don't think there is.
            Add a feature request on my site
            Added.
            huggy_d1

            Automating made easy

            Comment


            • #7
              STILL with the string issues....

              OK, so I have made sure I have all the correct syntax (and I am using the correct brackets!) and everything worked! .....at first. I am just trying to show the temp and heat index. I initialized the sign and the correct information showed up on the sign. Later in the day, the sign still showed the same info so I checked all my BLLED stuff again. That's when I noticed the attached. Instead of having the correct string info of [devicestring=W1|update=onchange] it instead said "79".

              I am using the latest BLLED from the updater.

              Any ideas?

              Rob
              Attached Files
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                OK, so I have made sure I have all the correct syntax (and I am using the correct brackets!) and everything worked! .....at first. I am just trying to show the temp and heat index. I initialized the sign and the correct information showed up on the sign. Later in the day, the sign still showed the same info so I checked all my BLLED stuff again. That's when I noticed the attached. Instead of having the correct string info of [devicestring=W1|update=onchange] it instead said "79".

                I am using the latest BLLED from the updater.

                Any ideas?

                Rob
                I had the exact same behavior today while troubleshooting why I cannot get the device value or string to appear on the BB display no matter what I do.

                I can program and display messages on demand.

                Just nothing related to true automation here without resorting to a script.

                Is this the way it is supposed to work? What is the magic handshake to make it work?
                huggy_d1

                Automating made easy

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have the exact same problem, i.e. if I use [devicevalue=B2|update=onchange] in a string, it works maybe once or twice, then it stops updating, and the string in the config page is replaced by the last value.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    help desk ticket submitted

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yep. I will have a look as soon as I can and let you know
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        string replace with actual device value.

                        Originally posted by spud View Post
                        I have the exact same problem, i.e. if I use [devicevalue=B2|update=onchange] in a string, it works maybe once or twice, then it stops updating, and the string in the config page is replaced by the last value.
                        This is still an issue. If a fix is not possible, how is everyone working around it.
                        Larry

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X