Built in clock function in signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built in clock function in signs

My old software on HS2 could use the built in clock on the sign. I found the command on the internet it is {calltime} {calldate} it worked. I think the command to set time and date was in the BLLED help file.

hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetDateTime", new Object(){1})

The clock needs to be shown then use set time date function. I run the set once at night to keep clocks on time.

I use a serial to WiFi unit. I was sending the time every minute on the sign thru the plugin but when the WiFi is disconnected I found it can not connect to sign and bogs down HS3 and shows errors in log and I need to reboot. I thought this could turn into a issue so I thought this might be a nice way of keeping time.
    Last edited by Larryguy50; November 25th, 2014, 05:20 PM.

The interesting thing about your post for me is that the HS3 plugin somehow bogs down the system. I was under the impression that one of the major architecture changes in HS3 was to make it impossible for plugins to do this. Certainly the exe versus dll does naturally separate the processes, these are obviously some ways plugins that misbehave can still impact the core system. I would ask Blade and Rich both to look into it being a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryguy50 View Post
      My old software on HS2 could use the built in clock on the sign. I found the command on the internet it is {calltime} {calldate} it worked. I think the command to set time and date was in the BLLED help file.

hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetDateTime", new Object(){1})

The clock needs to be shown then use set time date function. I run the set once at night to keep clocks on time.

I use a serial to WiFi unit. I was sending the time every minute on the sign thru the plugin but when the WiFi is disconnected I found it can not connect to sign and bogs down HS3 and shows errors in log and I need to reboot. I thought this could turn into a issue so I thought this might be a nice way of keeping time.
      Did you ever get this to work? I came up with a way to set it up that did not generate an error in the HS log, but for some reason, none of my device or time/date values ever fill in.

I have hardware reset, software reset, run the initialize, reloaded, power cycled, and no matter what, I never ever get the devices to fill in.

The ability of using the sign without anything variable is kind of crazy.

Is there a step by step to reset the device, and load it back up such that it works?

Is it memory? If so, would the plugin just post an error log for the response returned from the sign?
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
      X