Why doesn't this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't this work?

I just can't seem to get events that use this PI to fire. What am I missing? I literally copied the log entry so I know the syntax is correct.

The event is to fire off after I turn off my alarm system. I tried to do this with EasyTrigger, but found that depending on when/how I turned off the alarm, I was getting different states that wouldn't fire. so I added the BLLogMonitor entries as well as a backup.

Here's the alarm going off via the HS Log. Below is a snippet of the event. any thoughts GREAT appreciated as I use this to turn off the red LEDs blinking (to indicate alarm ON) on ALL of my HD200 dimmers.
    Nov-09 11:46:39 AM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm
    Nov-09 11:46:31 AM Vista Alarm FAULT 10 INSIDE GARAGE DOOR
    Nov-09 11:46:30 AM Vista Alarm ****DISARMED****Hit * for faults
    Nov-09 11:46:30 AM Vista Alarm Sending Display Faults command to alarm
    Nov-09 11:46:26 AM Z-Wave Device: Laundry Room Light Overhead Set to 255
    Nov-09 11:46:26 AM Device Control Device: Laundry Room Light Overhead to On (255)
    Nov-09 11:46:26 AM Event Event Trigger "Laundry Room Laundry Room Motion - Light ON"
    Nov-09 11:46:26 AM Z-Wave Device: Laundry Room Motion Sensor Motion Sensor Set to On/Open/Motion
    Nov-09 11:46:25 AM Vista Alarm DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-09 115305.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	1338833

Blade any thoughts here or way to troubleshoot? I'd really like to buy this plug-in!!!

Comment

My guess is that the log entries may have html code embedded in them so won’t match to the text because of that. I use UltraLog and the same situations occur with it. I typically use a smaller section of the text and then use “contains”. Try pasting the text into notepad or something like that and see if there’s any html tags.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        My guess is that the log entries may have html code embedded in them so won’t match to the text because of that. I use UltraLog and the same situations occur with it. I typically use a smaller section of the text and then use “contains”. Try pasting the text into notepad or something like that and see if there’s any html tags.
        first... THANKS as always for helping.

great idea about HTML. I do a cut/paste from the log to ensure I get the text exactly right. when I paste into word, the table formatting comes with it, so that might be it. don't actually see any HTML tagging.

I deleted the value and entered the text in manually... will run tests. when I add manually, I see this immediately in the log. not sure what it is?
        Nov-10 10:26:29 AM BLLogMonitor Warning MyPostData got unhandled key/value of cb=on

Comment

If you enter the text manually it is missing the html tags and therefore may not match then. Use Notepad instead as it will show the html tags whereas Word won’t. Not sure about that error message.

Comment

Looking at this on my laptop, rather than through Tapatalk, it doesn't appear like there are any html tags in those log entries. Try unchecking the "Regular Expression" checkbox as you are entering text, not a regular expression.

Comment

Looking at this on my laptop, rather than through Tapatalk, it doesn't appear like there are any html tags in those log entries. Try unchecking the "Regular Expression" checkbox as you are entering text, not a regular expression.
              Funny, I tried to uncheck that box, but it just rechecks itself when I go back to the event again. I actually asked about it several days ago but got no response as to why...

Comment

I’d submit a ticket on Blade’s help desk in that case.

Comment

I’d submit a ticket on Blade’s help desk in that case.
                  done. thanks

Comment

Adding to the regular expression narrative... the asterisk (*) character has special meaning in regular expression syntax. Since you can't turn that off, you might try "escaping" each asterisk by inserting a backslash (\) before each one, i. e.

Code:
                    [COLOR=#000000]\*\*\*\*DISARMED\*\*\*\*Hit \* for faults [/COLOR]
                    Its a reach, but can't hurt to try.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                      Adding to the regular expression narrative... the asterisk (*) character has special meaning in regular expression syntax. Since you can't turn that off, you might try "escaping" each asterisk by inserting a backslash (\) before each one, i. e.

Code:
                      [COLOR=#000000]\*\*\*\*DISARMED\*\*\*\*Hit \* for faults [/COLOR]
                      Its a reach, but can't hurt to try.
                      thanks.... can't hurt!

Comment

Working...
                      X