What does "Device Ref/Code to store log file data" do? Also, manual trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does "Device Ref/Code to store log file data" do? Also, manual trigger

The documentation is super out of date. I know the plug-in has been around a while.

On a trigger, what does the "Device Ref/Code to store log file data" field do?? I'm assume it is a device code but for what? Etc.

Also, I had a very simple event: Check Homeseer log for string "Z-Wave Error" and if so make a sound. I pressed the manual run > to test my actions and plug-in/HS ran the action like a hundred times. I had to shut down HS to get it to stop. WTF?

Any body currently using the plug-in, please advise. Thanks!

tahl, I'm working with the BLLogMontior plugin for the first time and just found your post on this. Did you ever get an answer on the "Device Ref/Code to store log file data" field question?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comment

I never got an answer. I had to turn off the PI. I guess the developer is MIA.

Comment

"Device Ref/Code to store log file data" allows you to store the logging that triggered in a device - u can enter the ref or address

I will try to replicate this issue here and see what happens
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The same thing happened to me as well, tahl . Set up the plugin to look for errors in the Homeseer-log with Pushover-notifications. Clicked on manual run. Got almost 70 notifications before I was able to shut down Homeseer.

FYI: Running HS4. Version 4.1.13.0.

Comment

Blade, any solutions / answers?

Comment

Working...
            X