Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting HS-FLS100 to work with BLRadar

My use case is as follows:
    • Trying emulate the old X10 Hawkeye functionality.
    • Turned the relay completely off.
    • Would like to have motion "off" signal sent after 2 minutes of inactivity, BUT any motion within that 2 minutes should reset the timer. (standard BLRadar functionality)
    • Need to integrate with BLRadar plugin.
    Essentially I want to use it as a simple wired motion sensor. When it detects motion I want a BLRadar sensor to stay "Motion Detected" until 2 minutes after a "No Motion" or the last "Motion Detected" signal was sent. In BLRadar my sensors are assigned to "Activity Zones" which in turn will control lights assigned to that zone.

Running:
    • HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478 (Windows)
    • Zwave plugin v3.0.1.243
    • BLRadar plugin v2.0.140.0
    • Plug-Ins Enabled: BLBackup:,Z-Wave:,BLEditor:,BLRadar:,BLRF:,BLShutdown:,BLStat:,X10:,weat herXML:

The problems I am having is I cant get the device/sensor to work in BLRadar.
    Before adding to BLRadar this device works, and is what I want to use as the trigger

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	1255730

But when I add that device as sensor to BLRadar the device stops changing status. I turned the relay on so I can hear it click, and while the relay is clicking and the load control is working, the "Home Security" device does not update once it is added to BLRadar.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture6.JPG Views:	1 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	1255733

Note in pic above that the switch binary is ON which proves the sensor detected motion, but the Security device stops updating status once under BLRadar control. None of the other devices created show up in the BLRadar dropdown box for me to add, the "Q111 Home Security" is the only one that is allowed to be added.

The sensor is configured like this in BLRadar:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	1255732

I see this after ZWave inclusion

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	1255729

My parameters are set as follows:
    (note, I turned Load Control to 255 for testing as I can then hear the relay click when motion is detected by the sensor, ultimately I want to turn that relay off by setting the Load Control to 0)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture7.JPG Views:	1 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1255734

Just as a follow up. I finally got this to work by creating a virtual device. I linked the FLS100 Sensor device to the virtual device, and added the virtual device to BLRadar.

Comment

Sorry I missed this post - glad you got it working
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have been looking for exactly this solution. I am in the process of migrating away from my old X-10 sensors and over to some Z-wave sensors that are a combination of the Aeotec multisensor 6 and the Homeseer Z-Wave motion detectors.

Can anyone give some additional detail on how this works with the virtual device and BLRadar?

My current setup is X-10 RF sensors and UDMC code that turns litghts on, creates a delayed event to turn them off, and has a bit in it about deleting any existing event. This way I am not reliant upon the off reading and I also have a buffer if someone is, for example, sitting in the bathroom reading for a few minutes.

Much appreciation in advance all!

Comment

Working...
        X