Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events and re-trigger

Two questions.

1. There are two sections listed as "Number of minutes sensor must be off before re-trigger". How are they different? What do values mean in each of these sections?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-16 08.50.46.png
Views:	104
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1363125
    2. There is a place in BLRadar to put a motion event and a no motions event (see image above). However, the events themselves seem to be self supporting. Why two places to put the event and to you need one, the other or both? It appears that the event in "events" will cover On and Off, but the BLRadar zone setting also has a place for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-16 09.47.31.png
Views:	75
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	1363126

Originally posted by BlueRidgeDog View Post
    Two questions.

1. There are two sections listed as "Number of minutes sensor must be off before re-trigger". How are they different? What do values mean in each of these sections?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-16 08.50.46.png Views:	8 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	1363125
    2. There is a place in BLRadar to put a motion event and a no motions event (see image above). However, the events themselves seem to be self supporting. Why two places to put the event and to you need one, the other or both? It appears that the event in "events" will cover On and Off, but the BLRadar zone setting also has a place for them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-16 09.47.31.png Views:	7 Size:	132.7 KB ID:	1363126
    The different times apply to each of the things the plug-in can do when an active zone device goes On. It can run an event and/or play a wave file. The two time values represent how long the active zone must be off before either the event can run again or the wave file being played again when it becomes On.

As to why you can do the same thing through an Event or the plug-in, Blade will have to answer that. It is probably just a different approach he carried over from the HS2 version. Running an event or playing a wave file from the plug-in does give you the ability to apply these Conditions that the zone must be Off for XX minutes before running again.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Okay, the second is for the sound event (I still forget folks use that).

If I can get a firm answer on do you need the BLRadar zone event, then I think I am good to go with some testing.

Comment

I did not directly associate any Events with the plug-in. I just created Events using the Zone Virtual devices as Triggers and Conditions. It is a matter of choice, either will work. They are independent and not interrelated, though you probably would only want to call a manually triggered Event from within the plug-in.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X