Occupancy idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupancy idea..

I have always had problems with the occupancy status in my house, usually while I'm sleeping or watching a film, etc. I was thinking would it be possble to include in BLRadar the folowing:

assuming you had motion sensors in every room and ds10a's on all external doors. Occupancy status would only change to vacant if a door had been open and closed and no movement had taken place for set time.

I think this would stop all the false reports or occupancy status? or is there a better way todo it?

Cheers

Jim

You can assign sensors to active zones. Once all sensors have reached their MSOWT (motion sensor off wait time) then the active zone will go vacant.
    Is this what you are doing?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade, that's how I'm currently using it. But often while sitting still or sleeping the status will changed to vacant.

I was thinking, if we set a long MOSWT (hour maybe) then using the ds10a's to trigger maybe a delayed event of say 10mins to set status to vacant, and remove the delayed event when motion was detected. I know this is clumsy way of doing it but if this could be included in your plugin it would be really handy I think.

do you follow what I mean?

Comment

OK let us try to get some other people to chime in here.
        Hopefully someone has thought of this and we can figure out the best way to do it.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I think what you are asking for is too custom.

I do something like that, where I use BLRadar as an input to a script, where I handle all the logic you are referring to.

The script itself is what makes the decision to update the event, or remove the event.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
            I have always had problems with the occupancy status in my house, usually while I'm sleeping or watching a film, etc.
            Rather than change the plugin, how about adding a few more sensors?

What you need is a bed occupancy sensor, so that HS knows when you are in the sack.

My amp has RS232 coms with HS so it also knows when I'm watching a film.
            Last edited by TechnoJunkie; November 10, 2010, 12:37 PM. Reason: Because I can't bloody spell!!

Comment

Working...
            X