Confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused...

I just installed BLRadar and for some reason it changed one of my dimmers to an Active Zone with the active zone icon. I cant seem to change it back or even find it in the BLRadar settings. Can someone assist?

I went into the BLRadar.ini file and deleted all reference to the device however my light switch still shows as an active zone which is screwing up my HSTOUCH and really confusing me. Can anyone assist?

Comment

Pete, sounds as though you didn't choose a virtual device to use with BLRadar and only supplied it the device code of the original node. This will cause the issue that you're seeing.

If you've deleted the node from BLRadar then you should be able to update/poll the switch from HS and it should return to normal.

You MAY have to use the "Control Panel" in hs and send a &hs.setdevicevalue and setdevicestatus to the correct values so that the icon changes back.

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
        Pete, sounds as though you didn't choose a virtual device to use with BLRadar and only supplied it the device code of the original node. This will cause the issue that you're seeing.

If you've deleted the node from BLRadar then you should be able to update/poll the switch from HS and it should return to normal.

You MAY have to use the "Control Panel" in hs and send a &hs.setdevicevalue and setdevicestatus to the correct values so that the icon changes back.
        Thanks for teh reply! It looks like I do need to go into the Control Panel and follow your instructions but i'm not sure where to start. Do you mind giving me a step by step on changing the values so the icon's change back?

Comment

Is there a way to just start over by manually uninstalling the program or something?

Comment

There should be an uninstall in the bin folder for plugin
            Once done then you will want to delete the BLRadar.mdb in the data\BLRadar folder and the hspi_BLRadar.ini file in the config folder

Then reinstall the plugin
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              There should be an uninstall in the bin folder for plugin
              Once done then you will want to delete the BLRadar.mdb in the data\BLRadar folder and the hspi_BLRadar.ini file in the config folder

Then reinstall the plugin
              I was able to uninstall the plugin and delete all of the files relating to BLradar but all the BLRadar icon's remain in the device page in Homeseer and my dimmer switch still shows as an active zone. How on earth do I get things back to normal?

Comment

did you reboot after removing the plug-in?
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Ah yes... you will need to remove the devices and then shutdown HS and restart
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Ah yes... you will need to remove the devices and then shutdown HS and restart
                    I shut down Homeseer and rebooted my computer however the Blradar .gifs still appear in the webpage for homeseer devices. I also tried doing a full rescan of all my devices and nothing helps. I cant seem to get rid of the BLradar images and revert my dimmer from an active zone to a dimmer switch.

Comment

Pete, that's weird. I made this mistake once with BLRadar and even with Doomotion but all of the times the Icon and status have reverted to the HS default once the node updates it status (either by poll or by status event generated by the event).

Either way, if this is a dimmer then make sure the switch is off so as not to confuse anything and try the following:

go to the control panel and type:

&hs.setdevicestatus("NODENUMBER",3)
                      &hs.setdevicevalue("NODENUMBER",0)
                      &hs.setdevicestring("NODENUMBER","")

and choose 'execute'

this SHOULD revert it all.

Comment

I tried the command and it did not change the icon, however over time all of my icons except for one motion detector and the dimmer switch have reverted back. I just need to figure out how to change the dimmer and then I will reinstall BLRadar and start over.

Comment

BLRadar creates 2 of its own devices. If those 2 are the ones you want to get rid of then just disable BLRadar and then delete the 2 devices from the HS stat web page.
                          Then make sure the hspi_BLRadar.ini and BLRadar.mdb files are deleted as well.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

BLRadar creates 2 of its own devices. If those 2 are the ones you want to get rid of then just disable BLRadar and then delete the 2 devices from the HS stat web page.
                            Then make sure the hspi_BLRadar.ini and BLRadar.mdb files are deleted as well.
                            Thanks Blade, I guess what I'm really stuck on is how to revert my dimmer switch back into a dimmer now that it's stuck as an active zone showing the active zone icon in the webpage which shows it in HSTOUCH. Also one of my motion detectors is stuck on the echo icon. I have uninstalled the program, and removed all BLradar programs from my computer and restarted several times and the icons are still there.

Comment

Are you using anything else that would be changing the icons (like BLIcon)?
                              You could remove the device from HS and re-add it.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X